Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Xp Sp2

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    It was warezbb, you can look there.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Is sp2 just all the patches you download from microsoft anyway or is it a new load of patches?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    New, also it gives a new kernal.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    ahh ok then.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Not to mention new features, that you do NOT get via Windows Update, e.g. your critical updates and the ever famous Microsoft Critical <Insert MS Product Name Here> Security Fix Of The Week. For example Sp1/Sp1a offer this new icon, Set Program Access and Defaults. You can switch your computer between using All Microsoft, All Non Microsoft, and Custom. There are fields like web browsing, email, messaging, etc. I don&#39;t play with it. Does anyone here? Or does anyone know anything that Sp1/Sp1a has that the OEM does not?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Forum Star
    nice sig DarkReality

but its a bit long and messes up the page if viewed at 800x600, here&#39;s one with a better fit that you can add the text to.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    YAY&#33; i found it on that warezBB site, the link to download the express installer is Here incase anybody wants to download it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    pol - Thanks, but I just tightened it up and shrunk it down. It&#39;s a little smaller but oh well.

WTF are you doing running at 800x600? I&#39;m spoiled... 1280x1024... even 1024x768 looks lo-res to me. Though my 19" monitor and GeForce4 don&#39;t seem to be up to the task of displaying 1600x1200 - it works, but it&#39;s way too small. Guess I need to keep my eyes open for deals on 21"-ers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12