Thread: Newbie With Questions & A Weird Sighting

Duraiken
    I'm somewhat new to the p2p scene and was never much of a filesharer to begin with, though I might change that eventually. I started with Bearshare, than Kazaa (when I had that, I didn't know there was a difference between it & Kazaalite.) I deleted Kazaa because I wasn't satisfied with it, and my parents evenutally told me & my brother(s) to delete all of our filesharing programs because of spyware rumours. Eventually we were allowed to download 'em again, I redownloaded Bearshare, got Neonapster, gave up on Bearshare, got Shareza, & gave up on Neonapster.

Then my cousin told me that I've been wasting space with .avi files, that .divx was a better choice & Kazaalite was where to get them. I've been searching for Kazaalite for the past two hours now, and found it about 5-10 minutes ago. But while I was searching for it, I found two sites, one completely spanish and the other english up until you try to download, claiming to have Kazaalite 3.03. I'm fairly certain now, what with 2.60 not even out yet, that that was false, but I thought you people should know.

Now, my questions. Am I correct in assuming that Kazaalite 2.60 hasn't come out yet? I'm pretty sure I checked the dates everywhere claiming it to still be in the works, but I'd still like to be sure. Does anyone know when it is coming out? Next, is it dumb of me to have more than one filesharing program, and what is the recommended maximum if not? Also, what would be the best plug-in or supporting program to install for Kazaalite? And finally, does anyone have idea where I can get my hands on copies of the Heroes of Might & Magic series (free & online or cheap & offline.)? Thank y'all. Bai bai!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by Duraiken@31 December 2003 - 08:12
    I'm somewhat new to the p2p scene and was never much of a filesharer to begin with, though I might change that eventually. I started with Bearshare, than Kazaa (when I had that, I didn't know there was a difference between it & Kazaalite.) I deleted Kazaa because I wasn't satisfied with it, and my parents evenutally told me & my brother(s) to delete all of our filesharing programs because of spyware rumours. Eventually we were allowed to download 'em again, I redownloaded Bearshare, got Neonapster, gave up on Bearshare, got Shareza, & gave up on Neonapster.

Then my cousin told me that I've been wasting space with .avi files, that .divx was a better choice & Kazaalite was where to get them. I've been searching for Kazaalite for the past two hours now, and found it about 5-10 minutes ago. But while I was searching for it, I found two sites, one completely spanish and the other english up until you try to download, claiming to have Kazaalite 3.03. I'm fairly certain now, what with 2.60 not even out yet, that that was false, but I thought you people should know.

Now, my questions. Am I correct in assuming that Kazaalite 2.60 hasn't come out yet? I'm pretty sure I checked the dates everywhere claiming it to still be in the works, but I'd still like to be sure. Does anyone know when it is coming out? Next, is it dumb of me to have more than one filesharing program, and what is the recommended maximum if not? Also, what would be the best plug-in or supporting program to install for Kazaalite? And finally, does anyone have idea where I can get my hands on copies of the Heroes of Might & Magic series (free & online or cheap & offline.)? Thank y'all. Bai bai!
    I would stick with 2.4.3 here. I have 5 file sharing apps running, so I guess its what u mean by too much/many. If your going to use it keep it if it does'nt cause stability probs I say.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    There are versions of klite out based on the kazaa 2.6 program. Look through the fourm if you are intersted.

4. File Sharing   -   #4