Thread: Seeing As You Refused To Let Anyone Reply

Lord of the KLF
    Originally posted by Error304
    Currently the best version is:

* Clean KMD 2.4.4

This is basically an updated version of Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3 with the newest tools. It has the most features and options of all versions. Specifically the AutoSearchMore function and build-in accelerator are very good. But also many other functions that you won't find in other versions.

Other good versions are:

* Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3

This is the most famous Kazaa Lite version ever. Just plain good.

* Clean KMD 2.6.0

This is the best clean version of Kazaa 2.6.0. It has some of the functions that can also be found in the 2.4.x series, but not all of them. Ones that it does have are unlimited searches, a PL of 1000 and the build-in IP blocker. One thing that it doesn't has is AutoSearchMore.
    This build just contains all the tools that you need and not lots of unneeded and confusing extra tools like other 2.6.0 builds have.
    The tools are in the different builds - many users would like the full builds others would not so there is the full builds and the smaller more streamlined builds.

Why are the 2.6.0 versions NOT better as the 2.4.x versions?

One simple reason: functionality

The 2.6.0 builds use the KLR loader which adds less features than the K++ loader that is used by the 2.4.x builds.
    The 2.4.x builds also have a special add-on called KL Extensions which adds many useful features like AutoSearchMore and a build-in accelerator.
    The 2.4.x builds also have a more user-friendly interface with for example a custom startup webpage.
    The ONLY advantage in the 2.6.0 builds is the ability to have multiple search tabs.
    No it is not the KLR loader that provides the limited features it is the lack of an updated klextensions, if that was incorporated then there would be very few differences in the latest builds. And also the #klchat build which is the build that has been on this forum the longest of them all, does incorporate a toolbar as a temporary solution to the lack of klextensions, autosearch more can be activated also.

Aren't old versions being blocked off the network by the new versions?

This is just a rumour. Currently almost the entire network consists of old versions, so even if this rumour is true then you don't have to worry. It will take months before we will notice any changes (if we ever do). Until then just use your old version. You can always switch in the future. Old versions still work perfect now.
    I am guessing that you dont spend your whole day listening to users who complain they can no longer get any search results on the k-lite channel, Error304 you can only make an accurate statement on this if you actually talk to the users and help them troubleshoot - it is NOT a romour and many individuals inc. our previous admin Paul stated this, now i dont know you but to me if I see it first hand from users and also i believe that Paul's word is beyone reproach - then again you may not believe it is?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    The tools are in the different builds - many users would like the full builds others would not so there is the full builds and the smaller more streamlined builds.
    So why don't you give more information about those smaller ones? Now all the users see is the big one.

No it is not the KLR loader that provides the limited features it is the lack of an updated klextensions, if that was incorporated then there would be very few differences in the latest builds. And also the #klchat build which is the build that has been on this forum the longest of them all, does incorporate a toolbar as a temporary solution to the lack of klextensions, autosearch more can be activated also.
    I DID mention that facts about KL extensions.
    The toolbar is very buggy. What's the point in adding buggy tools to compensate for lost features? I would certainly not recommend such a thing for a n00b to use.

I am guessing that you dont spend your whole day listening to users who complain they can no longer get any search results on the k-lite channel, Error304 you can only make an accurate statement on this if you actually talk to the users and help them troubleshoot - it is NOT a romour and many individuals inc. our previous admin Paul stated this, now i dont know you but to me if I see it first hand from users and also i believe that Paul's word is beyone reproach - then again you may not believe it is?
    I have also seen plenty of posts from people that say that the old versions work better than ever. I also never said that people shouldn't use the new versions, I only recommend to use the old ones AS LONG AS those work fine.
    I have yet to see actual proof that the rumour is fully true. New versions certainly not block uploads to old versions. Someone should test if new supernodes really blocks old versions.
    All I can find that Paul said about this is that it is a rumour, he never said it was a fact.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Error403 i have to agree with razz here, the #klchat build is better than the clean kmd 2.6.0 release - it has lots more features and has all the adds blocked!

Most of the features of Kazaa Lite K++ are in the #klchat build - they may be through external tools, but non the less they are there. Ktoolbar isnt buggy on win 2k/xp - which most users use, its not even that buggy on 98/me, just when it closes, it runs fine though.

Kazaa 2.6.0 has more improved features then just tabbed searches . It features magent link support and is alot faster than 2.0.2.

Edit: another enhanced feature - single click download

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Have you guys tested the Magnet link support? I think you'll find out that it doesn't work with the clean versions because of the loader.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    magnet links are messed even without using klr.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    No i havent tested magnet links (but if you give me one i shall).

Advantages Of #Klchat build over Clean KMD:
    * Includes More Tools
    * Has Customisable Start Page
    * Has The Name Changed
    * Includes More Features
    * Has The Media Player/ Channels Hidden
    * Adds Are Blocked
    * Tools Are In The Program
    * Has A Jump Supernode Function Inside The Program - No Need For KaZuperNodes
    * The Annoying 'buy this' menus are not there

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    isamma's Avatar THE OLDEST USER
    I seconded you razz

I have used klchat and I have seen users from k-lite version but using kmd2.6 blocks users from k-lite

goooooooooooooooo onnnnnnnnnnn razz you shouldn't be that childish

Ignore every non responsible gesture about your version

Since it is going to be the best in the next few weeks B)

just contact the Proper ones and leave the stupid ones
    THE BEST WAY TO LIVE IS TO LIVE FREE
    *** FREE PALESTINE ***
    http://www.alhares.org/

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    http://www.magnetlink.org/

* Includes More Tools
    That is not always an advantage. Most people don't need them.

* Includes More Features
    At the cost of having to add DietK. I tried it and I must say that I uninstalled it very quickly.

* Has The Name Changed
    What is so good about the name?

* Adds Are Blocked
    I don't see any ads in the other builds either.

The toolbar is still buggy and adds yet another (confusing/unneeded) element to the interface.

My point is that the majority of people doesn't need all these little extra features. They just want one simple and easy to use program. Consider the average user as dumb and computer-illiterate. Think beyond those couple hundred users from the forum/chatroom. There are 16 million people that use Kazaa

If KL Extensions gets updated then there wouldn't be a problem anymore.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by Kunal@31 December 2003 - 16:14
    No i havent tested magnet links (but if you give me one i shall).

Advantages Of #Klchat build over Clean KMD:
    * Includes More Tools
    * Has The Name Changed
    * Includes More Features
    * Adds Are Blocked
    I'm with Erro404 here nevermind the bollocks give us the meat and potatoes. all you need is Jock Whitesides Autosearchmore tool instead of dietk doing the autosearching and you're all set. or kazaasearches tool seeing as how i'm having a hard time getting my hands on jock's old prog.