Here's my problem: I ran RegCleaner and went through my registry and deleted all the entries that I no longer had installed on my computer. One of these entries was for Freedom Security program that I deleted off my sys months ago when i first got my computer. Well, when i deleted it, it never fully removed itself from my system. Example: The program no longer worked but it still had the add/remove entry in my add/remove program list... but it doesn't have a button to "change/remove." And then obviously it left behind some registry garbage. ...Anyway, after running that RegCleaner i can't open up Internet Explorer or ANY of my folders. Folders on the desktop, My Shared Folder from Kazaa, My Computer, My Documents....nothing!! Everytime i try i get a fatal error reading something like: Could not open Freedom because could not find the "resource" folder. Try re-installing Freedom.
There's the problem. Here's what I've tried so far to remedy it.
1. Tried to do a System Restore. Won't take... says that it could not restore to my previous settings. I don't have a clue why not, but i'm betting that this is a seperate issue other then my Freedom error problem.
2. Tried a System Restore in Safe Mode. Same results as above.
3. Tried re-installing Freedom through HP Application Recovery. Still recieved error.
4. Tried uninstalling Freedom the correct way (enter safe mode and then remove through add/remove programs) Didn't work.
5. Tried loading one of my reg backups that i made through SystemWorks. Didn't work either. (I think i have a full reg backup in the My Documents folder but i can't get to it, except in safe mode and then i can't veiw any files in there, just folders)
I think that's it. If ANYBODY has ANY suggestions i'd greatly appreciate it. I've been talking to HP Support for hours to no avail. BTW - I'm on a friends computer right now so i can get your guys' help.