Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Overnet Lite

Poster
    I've mentioned in earlier posts that I were going to create my own installer for Overnet. And so it is, there are NO adware/spyware applications included.

Yes, its done. I hope you'll like it!

Let it be said, there are no differences in Overnet itself, Its just Overnet Pro the second the installation is complete.

You can get it here: http://myimages.fourvalve.com/overne...donkey2000lite
    Mirror (By ultimatejester): http://ultimate.250free.com/overnetlite052.exe
    Code:
    ed2k://|file|overnetlite052.exe|1112717|ce5961ef76df0727b9fa441b1aaf417f|/
    I could imagine that Lycos will disable my account pretty soon, so I decided to share the file on eDonkey & Overnet. If you can make HTTP/FTP mirrors or help sharing the file it will be greatly apreciated.

If you find any errors in the installer, or have a suggestion, reply to this thread or PM me.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Thanks a lot!!! Works just great here...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Cool thanks, maybe we must to convert all eMule users to the Overnet .

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder@31 December 2003 - 21:26
    Cool thanks, maybe we must to convert all eMule users to the Overnet .
    Nope, eMule is a good p2p application. in fact through the eDonkey2000 Hybrid the eDonkey & Overnet networks are merged. I preffer to use Overnet since I get a lot better download speed in less time there. But eMule is great too for older things, incl. eMule can't connect directly to the Overnet network. The eMule developers would need to reverse engineer the Overnet protocol to make that possible.

I too am working on a "Lite" installer for eDonkey2000 Hybrid 0.52

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    eMule is killing my pc , everithing go very slow on my pc after eMule is running for a hour .

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder@31 December 2003 - 21:34
    eMule is killing my pc , everithing go very slow on my pc after eMule is running for a hour .
    I see, what CPU and how much RAM do you have?

I might be able to help out that problem, I've added you to my MSN list so I can eaisily give ya a tip! B)

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by sharedholder@31 December 2003 - 20:34
    Same here... eMule is not so good for me...
    But Overnet Lite does the job, and much faster too!!!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Tmpj+31 December 2003 - 20:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tmpj @ 31 December 2003 - 20:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sharedholder@31 December 2003 - 21:34

I might be able to help out that problem, I&#39;ve added you to my MSN list so I can eaisily give ya a tip&#33; B) [/b][/quote]
    AMD ATHLON XP+ 1800 ,256MB RAM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder+31 December 2003 - 21:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sharedholder &#064; 31 December 2003 - 21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Tmpj@31 December 2003 - 20:37
    <!--QuoteBegin-sharedholder
    @31 December 2003 - 21:34

I might be able to help out that problem, I&#39;ve added you to my MSN list so I can eaisily give ya a tip&#33; B)
    AMD ATHLON XP+ 1800 ,256MB RAM. [/b][/quote]
    Hmmm, mine is AMD Athlon XP Throughbred 2400+ & 512 PC-3200 DDR RAM. I don&#39;t see why it shouldn&#39;t run error free on your PC, are you sure that you&#39;re not using the Intel optimized version?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I tried eMule the official client, i tried the optimized AMD version from eMule Plus, the same thing after 3 hours my pc need some coffes to restart

Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast