Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Bittorent Illeagal

Poster
    is bittorent illeagal

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    No. BitTorrent is purely a protocol for file transfer, like FTP and HTTP. Unlike Kazaa it has no central database of files, or search capabilities.

The BitTorrent protocol can be used to transfer illegal files, but then so can FTP and HTTP. So if the bittorrent clients are illegal, so are Internet Explorer, Netscape etc.

Source: TorrentStorm Website
    SP

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Like SP1 said. So basically its what you do with it

Common sense
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    wat do u think m8? of course it&#39;s illegal. who the fuck still uses it to transfer legal stuff? think bout it

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    muchspl2
    every time you type you insert foot into month
    it was made to transfer large educational files and videos databases etc.
    it was never intended for what its used for today, hence all the security flaws

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@31 December 2003 - 13:34
    wat do u think m8? of course it&#39;s illegal. who the fuck still uses it to transfer legal stuff? think bout it
    lol abu NO.... as they said b4.... BT isnt illegal..... and even when you transfer a copyrighted material its still not illegal.... why? well because how can a protocol be illegal? what&#39;s illegal is the content you are transferring... w0ot

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Originally posted by DWk+31 December 2003 - 15:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 31 December 2003 - 15:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@31 December 2003 - 13:34
    lol abu NO.... as they said b4.... BT isnt illegal..... and even when you transfer a copyrighted material its still not illegal.... why? well because how can a protocol be illegal? what&#39;s illegal is the content you are transferring... w0ot [/b][/quote]
    fine. get all technical. lol

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+31 December 2003 - 14:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 31 December 2003 - 14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by DWk@31 December 2003 - 15:48
    <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power
    @31 December 2003 - 13:34

lol abu NO.... as they said b4.... BT isnt illegal..... and even when you transfer a copyrighted material its still not illegal.... why? well because how can a protocol be illegal? what&#39;s illegal is the content you are transferring... w0ot
    fine. get all technical. lol [/b][/quote]
    abu.... its all good man.... so why dont u get on msn more often?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Originally posted by DWk+31 December 2003 - 16:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 31 December 2003 - 16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@31 December 2003 - 14:40
    Originally posted by DWk@31 December 2003 - 15:48
    <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power
    @31 December 2003 - 13:34

fine. get all technical. lol
    abu.... its all good man.... so why dont u get on msn more often? [/b][/quote]
    parents don&#39;t like me chatting too much. lol. and this is a bit different. when i&#39;m not posting, it looks like i&#39;m reading something with lots of "ads" (sigs, avatars, etc). lol

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    and 4 some weird reason trillian slows down my bt dl speed. i&#39;m dling sexy beach 2 rite now. doin 90kb/s. not 2 bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast