Thread: 1 in 5 Divorces Blamed on Facebook

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    1 in 5 Divorces Blamed on Facebook
    By Kevin Parrish, published on December 22, 2009

" Attention married people: watch what you do on social networks.

Divorce-Online recently conducted a study and discovered that Facebook was named in one out of five American divorce petitions this year alone. The most common reason is that spouses are conducting inappropriate sexual chats with Facebook friends. The study, consisting of 5,000 divorce papers, also revealed that MySpace, Twitter, and Bebo also contributed to marital deterioration.

"I had heard from my staff that there were a lot of people saying they had found out things about their partners on Facebook so I decided to see how prevalent it was," Mark Kennan told The Sun. "I was really surprised to see 20-percent of all the petitions containing references to Facebook."

Kennan, who headed the study, said that the inappropriate sexual chats were the most common reason for divorce. He also added that, after scanning the Divorce-Online database for the word "Facebook," he discovered 989 instances of the word in 5,000 petitions.

The Sun also reports that divorce lawyers openly admit to searching through Facebook and other social networking sites in order to dig up dirt on the "errant" spouse. "

Source: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Facebook...news-5418.html

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Fcuk em..There's no half-way marriage. You're either faithful or not. If not then a divorce seems like the right choice.

Thank you Fcebook for flashing the dirty laundry of these scumbags.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Fuck just another excuse for people being horny and looking to fuck other people

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Lol this is so true, every couple I know that uses facebook ends up getting in a fight.

The husband will start talking to his highschool girlfriend, and the wife will get jealous. This starts a fight usually lol.

Its because people are so insecure about their current relationship that they don't trust their partner. Atleast from the experiences I've encountered.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 12-23-2009 at 11:05 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    All facebook does is telling everyone else. Facebook can be seen as the biggest bitch anyone knew.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I bet all you who posted above me have facebook accounts.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Quote Originally Posted by ovisan View Post
    I bet all you who posted above me have facebook accounts.
    True in my case sad to say this but some people I know send more ime on facebook talking to people then in real life

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Stephen Fry made a valid point about unfaithfulness the other day; when you are married and you lie to that person by cheating on them with someone else, then that is almost socially accepted, it might be considered as wrong, but no one would send you to jail for it. However, if you were to find two people you love, and you would agree with them to marry both of them and share your life with both, you would be committing a crime and be sent to prison...

't Makes no sense

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    you would be committing a crime and be sent to prison...
    Not in the middle east you wont. You can get married up to like 10 people think.

For them it's the other way around. If you marry more than 1 person it's ok. If you cheat you'll be stoned to death (kind of extreme but it's part of their culture and as a result you wont see many divorces and kids growing up with 1 parent.