Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year To All Palestinians.

BANNED
    I hope the world treats you better this year, especially your neighbours.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    So many people being abused worldwide, so many conflicts.

The Palestineans seem to be merely a conspicuous tip on a huge iceberg of human suffering. Why are they of more importance than any other person or country?

Why not wish "peace among all men", playing favorites really suggests a personal agenda and implies more of a snipe at some, under the guise of sympathy for another.

Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Taming The Problem Child
    BBC2 9.00pm Thursday 8th March 2001

Haley is almost six years old and out of control. She's one of a growing number of children with severe aggressive behavioural disorders. One minute she is hugging her mother, seconds later she is biting and punching her. Her parents have no idea what provokes her explosive rages but her aggression towards other children has put her on the verge of being withdrawn from school. Haley herself has no idea why she is violent. Her parents are desperate. Doctors have no answers.

Sergei is twelve years old. He is withdrawn, depressed and violent. He was adopted by an American family three years ago from a Russian orphanage. The only interaction Sergei has with his new family is through rage and regular attacks. Unless his behaviour changes, these adoptive parents will relinquish him and Sergei will end up back in another institution. As with Haley, no treatment, doctor or psychologist has provided a solution.

One man is offering a controversial solution. Dr Ron Federici is an American neuro-psychologist who has devised a treatment plan for even the most extreme cases of conduct-disordered children. He claims it is suitable no matter whether their behaviour lies in neurological or psychological problems. Dr Federici believes that his treatment guarantees two things. Firstly that there will be an 80% rate of improvement in most children. Secondly, that neither the parents nor the children will find it easy.

The film follows two families, one British and one American, as they start to implement the treatment programme under supervision of Dr Federici himself. For at least a month, each child must stay within three feet of their parents 24 hours a day. They have to be totally compliant to whatever their parents want, and if they refuse to obey they are forced down to the floor and held there. Their bedrooms are stripped bare. They are allowed no life of their own. They are never left alone; they are not allowed to play with or see friends. Through a gradual process of reward and punishment the child will eventually be reintroduced to their toys, their peers and the outside world. The treatment can last for months.

At the end of this controversial regime the child's mind should have been literally re-programmed. Dr Federici claims this is the only way the child can progress to developing normal emotions.
    His critics believe this process may be damaging. But now, thousands of American families have been recommended by word of mouth to do the programme. The question is, does the treatment work and should it be applied?

Further information

Transcript

4. Lounge   -   #4
    BANNED
    Why is it playing favourites? Should I say Happy Birthday everyone instead of Happy Birthday Funky?

I wish the Palestinians well, if anyone wants to do the same to another people, feel free.

@ Shella .... shouldn't you have made a new thread and posted that in world news?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    were you misbehaving there too?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by shella@1 January 2004 - 15:33
    were you misbehaving there too?
    Me, misbehave? Have you got the right person? I'm an angel on this board!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@1 January 2004 - 07:27
    Why is it playing favourites?  Should I say Happy Birthday everyone instead of Happy Birthday Funky?

I wish the Palestinians well, if anyone wants to do the same to another people, feel free.

@ Shella  ....  shouldn't you have made a new thread and posted that in world news?

My posts don't come from a vacuum, they come from a complex tapestry called "the history of this forum".

I just didn't want the newbs to be confused and think that this post was anything more than another cheap shot at Isreal.

As I have said, both sides are pathetic to me, as they kill each other over which version of a loving God is true.

Bullshit doesn't smell good, even on New Years Eve/Day.

I must say this though, that was not your style of reply a year ago. There is a very JPol air to the style of your second line. Almost to the point of copyright infringement. The ,feel free gave me shivers of ,at all

8. Lounge   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by hobbes@1 January 2004 - 15:42
    I must say this though, that was not your style of reply a year ago. There is a very JPol air to the style of your second line. Almost to the point of copyright infringement. The ,feel free gave me shivers of ,at all
    Yes, I've learnt a lot from the old fella!

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Happy New Year Billy, I am 13 minutes away, while I am sure the New Year is old News to you.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by hobbes@1 January 2004 - 15:46
    Happy New Year Billy, I am 13 minutes away, while I am sure the New Year is old News to you.
    13 minutes still!! Shit, where are you? In the middle of the Pacific?

Happy new year Hobbes, I hope it's the best yet. :beerchug:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast