Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iexplore And Explorer

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    I ran some scans with pest patrol and deleted allmost everything they said was spyware..

Now when I restart, It takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes for programs like Internet Explorer, or stuff like My Documents, My Network Places etc. to load. Everything else loads as fast as ever, and once I load My computer, I can browse my harddrives and control panel options at normal speed.

So in overview, probably the most important thing in windows is screwed up for me... IE runs on Explorer kinda (I think, so It makes sense that problems between them woudl corellate in some manner.)

Any help is appreciated.

BTW - I Had also just installed Kodak EasyShare software when this started, but I uninstalled that and restarted but I sitll have the same problem. I am only able to write this because I have a shortcut to MozillaFirebird on my desktop, otherwise I would have had to wait like 5 minutes to even start Internet explorer.

So any ideas etc.. greatly appreciated.

Mogadishu.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Saw your other post about the prob you had/have with your pagefile, and
    I know you may not want to or don&#39;t have the time to... but seriously dude.....

REFORMAT

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    Your registries all messed up most probably mate ..why your having so much trouble running starting programs & setting up when windows is loading up.

I would try disabling or uninstall things like firewall that run a service on startup mate first,most likely why its taking so long to boot and still running slow.A service is failing or still tring to start.Then a reg fixer like norton utilities,regseekeer then uninstall some programs run a reg cleaner maybe norton again too have a reboot.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    yeah. if you&#39;ve got a registry cleaner type thingy, use it...and defrag would be a good idea too, especially if you deleted loads of stuff.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    What is a safe registry tool? I don&#39;t want to screw up my registry further.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by sharedholder@1 January 2004 - 17:07
    RegSeeker 1.35
    and is this the tpye ofthing where i have ot look over each registry change that it wants to make or is it relatively safe.. cus ive had problems in the past..

EDIT: I dl it.. gotta wait for my computer to load to use it, but BTW - you have a really nice site there, lots of usefull stuff.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Ok, I installed and updated Norton Utilities.. Ran Windoctor and a couple other things, deleted everything that came up.. but still have the same problem...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Defragment ? And next time when you use a anti spyware proggie get Ad-aware or Spybot. You can search for more help HERE

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    yea i used spybot and adaware before this
    now i need to replace the stuff i los tin my registry, something norton hasnt done and i dont trust regseeker to do at this point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast