Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Error Message

VIP...just ask any
    Could someone help me please? This is the error message I get when I try to open my kazaa.
    I can post another error message I get when I pass this opening screen, and go directly to the "search" screen.
    I've been using this program with no problems for almost a year now...Can't figure it out
    Changed the image to the context of the error....hope it helps...(me)

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A potentially dangerous Request.QueryString value was detected from the client (get="...om</a></p>

<a href=http://ww...").
    Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous client input value, and processing of the request has been aborted. This value may indicate an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. You can disable request validation by setting validateRequest=false in the Page directive or in the configuration section. However, it is strongly recommended that your application explicitly check all inputs in this case.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.QueryString value was detected from the client (get="...om</a></p>

<a href=http://ww...").

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpRequestValidationException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.QueryString value was detected from the client (get="...om</a></p>

<a href=http://ww...").]
    System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String s, String valueName, String collectionName) +230
    System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection nvc, String collectionName) +99
    System.Web.HttpRequest.get_QueryString() +113
    System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod() +85
    System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +47
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +2168
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +218
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +179
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +87

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by whiterook&#045;2@1 January 2004 - 17:58
    Could someone help me please? This is the error message I get when I try to open my kazaa.
    I can post another error message I get when I pass this opening screen, and go directly to the "search" screen.

Sorry if the image is too big, I don&#39;t know how to make it smaller, and still read the text.

TYIA,
    Rook

ahem.....What version k-lite is this?
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    VIP...just ask any
    build 1 of version 2.0.2

Also changed the image, to text of the message....like you wouldn&#39;t notice

Here&#39;s the error I receive when I open the search window....

Error. Could not execute selAffiliate404 @affiliate_id=336193/search/, @http_referer=&#39;http://start.kazaalite.com/search/&#39; due to: Line %d: Incorrect syntax near &#39;%.*ls&#39;.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I suggest uninstalling your current version (make sure to move your "my shared folder so you want lose/delete it). Install version 2.4.3 here.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    VIP...just ask any
    Thanx Mang....I&#39;ll try it&#33;

LOL....and you say your not an addict?

ya got me the answer too quick, not to be one....Thanks again&#33;

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by whiterook&#045;2@1 January 2004 - 18:32
    Thanx Mang....I&#39;ll try it&#33;

LOL....and you say your not an addict?

ya got me the answer too quick, not to be one....Thanks again&#33;
    lol yeah shhh...let me know. B)

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    VIP...just ask any
    WOW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; too cool. /addict.....
    all kinds of new features in the suggested upgrade....Thanx&#33;

Questions...."Can I get rid of the old file?" I looked and there is a seperate folder for my two versions of Kazaa. "Kazaa" and "Kazaa++".

Or did the newer version attach it&#39;s self to the old version, and shouldn&#39;t be dumped?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by whiterook&#045;2@1 January 2004 - 18:52
    WOW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; too cool. /addict.....
    all kinds of new features in the suggested upgrade....Thanx&#33;

Questions...."Can I get rid of the old file?" I looked and there is a seperate folder for my two versions of Kazaa. "Kazaa" and "Kazaa++".

Or did the newer version attach it&#39;s self to the old version, and shouldn&#39;t be dumped?
    Did you uninstall older version ? If so it &#39;s just a empty folder probally, just check it by clicking it. If empty just delete.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    VIP...just ask any
    No, I did not uninstall the old version....I "thought" (gotta stop doing that so much)
    the new ver. was an upgrade...

So, can I uninstall the old version now?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    You have a message - top of page next to "my controls".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast