Thread: Windows Xp Question

spelunker121's Avatar Flailing about!
    Hi all.

:helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

A while ago I had someone reinstall windows xp for me. It seemed as though I had virus's and just your general bad MOJO workin. after the reintall everything worked flawless, with the exeption of now when my computer bootsup it askes wich operating sytem it should boot( it would appear that it is looking for one to boot from the "cd" drive) it might be that ANOTHER copy of XP was installed on top of the existing XP because my hard drive properties "available space" was about 6 GIG smaller after the reinstall (i have a 80 GIG HD)

Now heres the actual question....I would like to format my hard drive(complete erase of all data) and reinstall windows xp again(did not format last time) from my CD But I cant seem to get to the " c:\ "promt to format the drive before windows asks for which operating system to boot
    this was pretty easy in windows 98 but what worked for that platform does not work for me in XP Can some please give me a clue??? It is making me feel quite stupid.( I know what your thinking....dont say it)

I hope this is enough info.

thanx in advance from "clueless in California"
    Protect me from what I want!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    set your comp. to boot from cd

put in your bootable xp cd

reboot - and off you go

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    first do a backup of the files you have (although i assume you made this already)

then...

http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/clean_install.htm

have fun

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED