Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Increase Quality Of Mp3

sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    I am the Anti-Moron, and I eat your stupidity.

sparsely gets full off Microsoul.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

2. Music   -   #22
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@3 January 2004 - 17:53
    like spl said, if you rip a shitty quality song , then its gunna sound like shit no matter what bit rate you use. i have compared mp3 pro to mp3 and wav, using the same song, and ill be damned if i can hear any difference. 96k on mp3 pro is just more compression, but you aint gunna notice any difference between 96k and 128 or higher. i know, cuz ive tried it. sides, when you have 4000 mp3's on your comp, its nice to have them be just a little smaller to save space
    only because you have shitty speaker or your def maybe both

3. Music   -   #23
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    deaf is what i prolly am, i have a kickin rockford fosgate setup in my extended cab truck, which i use to punish my ear drums. as for speaker on my comp, i have creative 7.1 surround and a audigy 2 zs sound card.......so.............im prolly just deaf

4. Music   -   #24
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I downloaded an album of mirc, only to find the songs sounded SHIT. I downloaded of there because certain tracks could not be found on kazaa. I didn't rip it.
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

5. Music   -   #25
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    whatever the songs bitrate is is what it stays at

6. Music   -   #26
    Originally posted by 99shassan@1 January 2004 - 20:07
    I have a few 128kbps mp3 songs, is there a way to increase the quality of the file to something like 192kbps?
    Can you turn hamburger back into steak?

7. Music   -   #27
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by Sid Hartha+15 January 2004 - 15:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sid Hartha &#064; 15 January 2004 - 15:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-99shassan@1 January 2004 - 20:07
    I have a few 128kbps mp3 songs, is there a way to increase the quality of the file to something like 192kbps?
    Can you turn hamburger back into steak? [/b][/quote]
    i once saw an episode of keenan and kel, where they tried toturn turkey slices back into a turkey. who loves orange soda?

8. Music   -   #28
    Really don&#39;t know how to increase quality... Sorry...

9. Music   -   #29
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    ok, i get it. no need to make fun of me now .
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

10. Music   -   #30
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I can&#39;t understand why people download mp3&#39;s at such a shit bitrate. I get even more pissed off when people try telling me about fixing/repairing mp3&#39;s with screeches and/or distortion in them.

If you download an mp3 at 96k bitrate, you deserve to have shit music.

if you download an mp3 at whatever bitrate and it does indeed contain screeches and/or distortion, for the love of god delete it. Don&#39;t attempt to repair or otherwise fix the mp3 in question. I want my music to be as pure and &#39;straight from cd&#39; as possible. It&#39;s like saying you can have a second hand car, or a second hand car which has 3 different models welded together.

Stop being lazy and download your music at a decent bitrate.

As for those that are downloading mp3&#39;s that are containing distortion or whatever, what the hell kind of client are you using? I&#39;ve been using WinMX since Napster fell to it&#39;s knees and I&#39;ve been lucky enough to find 3 files containing crap music and even then it was because I never followed the &#39;Rules&#39;.

Average Length Of File
    If you see your song, for example, &#39;Tenacious D - Tribute&#39; shared by many sources with a file length of 4:07, why are you going to download one of the same title from 1 or 2 users with a length of 3:30? Think.

Bitrate&#39;s On File
    If you see 76 users sharing &#39;Tenacious D - Tribute&#39; at 192k bitrate, and 6 users sharing the same file, same bitrate, which file do you think I&#39;m going to download? Again, think.

Hz Stereo
    The vast majority of mp3&#39;s have the quality at 44100Hz Stereo. Think.

Stereo Or Mono
    I knew what the difference between these two were when I was 6. if you do not, press the [x] in the top right corner, switch off PC, and put it in the free ads. Think.

CBR Vs VBR
    Constant Bit Rate or Variable Bit Rate?? Well, if you want your music to have the very best in quality, I&#39;d choose CBR. If you want your music to sound like &#39;Mïcrösöül°V³&#39;s&#39;, choose VBR. He probably doesn&#39;t have a clue what this is either.

Hope this helps the less informed, although I&#39;m thinking they stopped reading after the first paragraph.

Samurai

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast