Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suprnova

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    don't nobody gonna go diss my (our) suprnova . seriously though, suprnova is the only place i goto now, kazaa, i just have kazaa open for show. i upload as much as i can on kazaa, never download. suprnova/bittorrent is my only download client now. i've heard guys getting below 10 kbps on their downloads in bittorrent, i can honestly tell you, my speed never goes below 20 kbps (the lowest ever was 19 kbps), i average about 35 kbps on downloads on bittorrent, it's good enough.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Games   -   #22
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@2 January 2004 - 01:42
    don't nobody gonna go diss my (our) suprnova . seriously though, suprnova is the only place i goto now, kazaa, i just have kazaa open for show. i upload as much as i can on kazaa, never download. suprnova/bittorrent is my only download client now. i've heard guys getting below 10 kbps on their downloads in bittorrent, i can honestly tell you, my speed never goes below 20 kbps (the lowest ever was 19 kbps), i average about 35 kbps on downloads on bittorrent, it's good enough.
    i was like a kid with candy when i found out about suprnova and bttorrents. but these two downloads have fucked up and by the sound of everyone they shouldent off so i dont know what im doing wrong

rrrrraaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

3. Games   -   #23
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    okay, try what i always do:

after you've found the game you want to download:

1) right click on the link and save target as, a pop up box will prompt you to save the torrent file to your hard drive. do it like i do it, browse to the desktop (in the pop up prompt) or c:\ and make a new folder and call it the game you're downloading, then save the torrent in that folder.

2)once the download has finished (less than 1 second). go to your desktop/c:\ and go into the folder you just created, then double click on the torrent

3) bittorrent will pop up asking you where to save the files, just browse on the pop up to where you downloaded your torrent (the folder you created) and save the files there and bittorent willl start downloading. i do it this way so if i close bittorrent or something goes wrong, i don't have to go back to suprnova hunting for the torrent again, all i have to do is go back to the folder it was.

4) if it's a big game and you don't have broadband (and even if you do) just leave bittorrent running for a while (i left my comp on with bittorrent running when i was downloading fs2004, a 2.3 gb file for 2 whole days, not too many seeders )

5) hope it works, cuz i know it will

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Games   -   #24
    Poster
    i'm having the same problem with the last 2 games i got.

proud to be american

5. Games   -   #25
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i havent had any problem with games either,(like lock on modern air combat, BF1942 - road to rome, MOHAA spearhead) but i have had a prob wit a few movies not playing. but all in all, i like bittorrent. Suprnova on the other hand, can be a real bitch getting to the site, and having it work

6. Games   -   #26
    Lick My Lovepump
    You need codecs for them to work. Get the K-Lite codec pack or something.

As for Suprnova being a bitch, live with it. It gives you so much.

7. Games   -   #27
    People who complain about files off SuprNova are just biting the hand that feeds 'em.. never had one corrupt file from there..and if there is a slightly dodgy file the admins normally pull it down straight away.....go get ya files of Kazza (god rest its soul)....then tell me about fake/corrupt files*

*If u can find any files left that is!!!
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

8. Games   -   #28
    Originally posted by slimboyfatz@2 January 2004 - 11:17
    People who complain about files off SuprNova are just biting the hand that feeds 'em.. never had one corrupt file from there..and if there is a slightly dodgy file the admins normally pull it down straight away.....go get ya files of Kazza (god rest its soul)....then tell me about fake/corrupt files*

*If u can find any files left that is!!!
    ok, ok i hear u suprnova is the shit and i beleveu, its just that ive had two files off them and there both fucked and i will put my hand up for the blame coz everyboby is saying its the shit.

just want to know what im doing wrong????????

9. Games   -   #29
    Originally posted by Jay@2 January 2004 - 05:24
    i'm having the same problem with the last 2 games i got.
    what games was they

10. Games   -   #30
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@2 January 2004 - 02:02
    okay, try what i always do:

after you've found the game you want to download:

1) right click on the link and save target as, a pop up box will prompt you to save the torrent file to your hard drive. do it like i do it, browse to the desktop (in the pop up prompt) or c:\ and make a new folder and call it the game you're downloading, then save the torrent in that folder.

2)once the download has finished (less than 1 second). go to your desktop/c:\ and go into the folder you just created, then double click on the torrent

3) bittorrent will pop up asking you where to save the files, just browse on the pop up to where you downloaded your torrent (the folder you created) and save the files there and bittorent willl start downloading. i do it this way so if i close bittorrent or something goes wrong, i don't have to go back to suprnova hunting for the torrent again, all i have to do is go back to the folder it was.

4) if it's a big game and you don't have broadband (and even if you do) just leave bittorrent running for a while (i left my comp on with bittorrent running when i was downloading fs2004, a 2.3 gb file for 2 whole days, not too many seeders )

5) hope it works, cuz i know it will
    all that what uve just said, thats exactly what i do, except for leaving it 4 2 full days.

do u think starting and stopping the download all the time can put bad parts in the file

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast