Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Review My Site

h1
    Second that, as soon as I saw the messed up, nonstandard coding, my respect for you fell. For an excellent example of standardized coding, check Mozilla's site. W3.org might also be good.

Excellent graphics work, though.

Your site doesn't display in Firebird. This is bad.

Get rid of the BG music, or at least use Flash (1x1 transparent SWF).

Your site looks like shit in 640x480, but this isn't really a problem.

Put in alt="" tags.

Either remove the disable right click script or go all the way (view my hide source post in web dev).

Good job overall!

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #22
    Poster
    You need to lose the music.
    You need to enable right click.

The only music you should have on a website is like a 5 second nosie when the page first loads.

Many people use right click for various things. And disabling right click does nothing but annoy people. People can steal your pics nomatter what you do so there is no point in disabling right click.

Apart from the music & the right click disable.

Its nice.

Havnt looked past the main page cause music on websites pisses me off

Edit: If you want to guard your pics you should look into what www.blizzard.com do with there main page pic (altho its still not fully guarded cause u can get the pic out of the source code) but if you disable source as well it will be much more secure without the annoyance of no right click. (still not 100% secure but what is on the net)

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #23
    mahammued786's Avatar Poster
    so ill get rid of the music, resize browser.

But tbh honest who cares about the source code?? coz i dont, as long as the sites working. Nobody is gona come and read ur source code then decide they want a site!!

Could the cod ebe buggy because I used crapy frontpage to start it off, then finished with dreamweaver??

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #24
    mahammued786's Avatar Poster
    which ones better???

my new tutorials site!

http://www.phoenixwebcreations.co.uk/therise/

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #25
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    At the very least, dont stick the music on autoplay - its really annying when you already have music playing, no matter how brief the music is.

Secondly, dont assume that everyone uses the same desktop color scheme as you. My window backgrounds are rust colored with an off-white for text. When i load your page, i see those colors - but the images all assume i have a white background. Perhaps manually setting the background to white and the text to black? Oh, and as someone else said, the tables dont line up right. :/

See for yourself - image (png)

Now, im not going to claim to be some kind of web-wizard here. I only know basic html myself [see for yourelf], but i know that those are three mistakes you dont want to go making.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #26
    everyone else has said it, but that won't stop me from saying it too.

AAAAARGGGHHHHH!!! I HATE MUSIC ON WEBSITES!!!!!!!

actually, if you really like it and want to keep it, leave it on the loading page, but dump it everywhare else. It's kind of OK for an intro, but not all the time

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #27
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by DWk@2 January 2004 - 16:34
    uhhh i said it because regular computer users use 800x600 (thats mostly the standard) or 1024x768
    Yep, 800x600 is the standard, but use different resolutions to test the sites as the graphics can jump around all over the page depending on the users resolution. Unlike other apps. webpage graphics are not fixed in a spot by default.

I use frames to fix them in place, so they always look as intended irrespective of the resolution used.
    Robert00000

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #28
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Tyke@4 January 2004 - 02:41
    everyone else has said it, but that won't stop me from saying it too.

AAAAARGGGHHHHH!!! I HATE MUSIC ON WEBSITES!!!!!!!

actually, if you really like it and want to keep it, leave it on the loading page, but dump it everywhare else. It's kind of OK for an intro, but not all the time
    I always keep my speakers switched off unless i want to listen to music. I didnt even know there was music on the website
    Robert00000

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123