Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Us To Fingerprint & Photograph All Visa Travellers

lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Busyman@9 January 2004 - 01:37
    We ARE not used to terrorism. Once again step outside of your third world mind.

If you read carefully. I said THE WORST TERRORIST ACT COMMITTED HERE.

The average American is NOT used to terrorism.
    Knowing of terrorism abroad does not make you used to it.
    America has been buffered by a huge separation of water. The UK in contrast does not have the same separation (as well as most of the other countries).

9-11 was probably less unigue to YOU because it happened abroad (and you're used to it). Get it?
    I think you mean you've finally had your eyes opened to what has been happening in the world, and much of it in your name although you didn't want to here about it, but now you wish to distance youself from the truth.

To be blunt, STOP BLAMING THE REST OF THE WORLD FOR YOUR OWN COUNTRY'S SHORTCOMINGS. You made most of the mess, don't expect someone else to clean up your shit. Either that, or close up your borders, AND STAY BEHIND THEM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #122
    Originally posted by lynx+9 January 2004 - 04:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx &#064; 9 January 2004 - 04:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@9 January 2004 - 01:37

America has been buffered by a huge separation of water. The UK in contrast does not have the same separation (as well as most of the other countries).

9-11 was probably less unigue to YOU because it happened abroad (and you&#39;re used to it). Get it?
    I think you mean you&#39;ve finally had your eyes opened to what has been happening in the world, and much of it in your name although you didn&#39;t want to here about it, but now you wish to distance youself from the truth.

To be blunt, STOP BLAMING THE REST OF THE WORLD FOR YOUR OWN COUNTRY&#39;S SHORTCOMINGS. You made most of the mess, don&#39;t expect someone else to clean up your shit. Either that, or close up your borders, AND STAY BEHIND THEM.[/b][/quote]

I agree with paragraph #1.

How was he blaming anyone for our countries shortcomings. And what shortcoming are you talking about? Security, I am guessing.

He is talking about our response to 9/11. He never stated that the US has not done anything to create enemies. He has focused on the point: 9/11 happened, what can we do to prevent it from occuring again?

How was that blaming the world, I didn&#39;t see him blame anyone. Where was his plea for outside intervention. We have a security problem, fingerprints are a part of our attempt to assist in securing it, ourselves.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #123
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by hobbes+9 January 2004 - 04:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 9 January 2004 - 04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by lynx@9 January 2004 - 04:09
    <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman
    @9 January 2004 - 01:37

9-11 was probably less unigue to YOU because it happened abroad (and you&#39;re used to it). Get it?

I think you mean you&#39;ve finally had your eyes opened to what has been happening in the world, and much of it in your name although you didn&#39;t want to here about it, but now you wish to distance youself from the truth.

To be blunt, STOP BLAMING THE REST OF THE WORLD FOR YOUR OWN COUNTRY&#39;S SHORTCOMINGS. You made most of the mess, don&#39;t expect someone else to clean up your shit. Either that, or close up your borders, AND STAY BEHIND THEM.
    I agree with paragraph #1.

How was he blaming anyone for our countries shortcomings. And what shortcoming are you talking about? Security, I am guessing.

He is talking about our response to 9/11. He never stated that the US has not done anything to create enemies. He has focused on the point: 9/11 happened, what can we do to prevent it from occuring again?

How was that blaming the world, I didn&#39;t see him blame anyone. Where was his plea for outside intervention. We have a security problem, fingerprints are a part of our attempt to assist in securing it, ourselves. [/b][/quote]
    Excellent point hobbes.

I know America has done lowdown crap.
    Never said they didn&#39;t.

And hobbes I totally disagree with the first paragraph.

Again WE .....ARE .......NOT........USED.......TO........TERRORISM.
    Again PLEASE READ.

1. Think. How many of these horrid acts have happened here? I am not talking small isolated incidents.
    2. Some do come to mind.
    Timothy Mcvey reduced half a federal building to rubble.
    The 1st WTC attack
    The 2nd and worst WTC attack and Pentagon
    I think his name was Kamala; he gunned down some CIA agents
    the thwarted gasing of the NY tunnel (related to the 1st WTC attack)
    and the most recent Sniper in my native Washington DC area (somewhat unrelated)

3. Remember we are buffered from Europe, Asia, and Africa.

4. Most terrorism for Americans was heard about as overseas news (which it was) so how would we be used to it.

You seem to want rant almost like 1234 (lynx is that really you..hmmmmm)

I meant what I said but I guess you are talking to someone else about this very subject while posting a response to mine.

I am seeing the anti-Americanism on this board that many others have described.

btw, I would love for America to close it&#39;s borders or least tighten them. Our borders are way too porous in this day and time.

One shortcoming of ours is that we are TOO free and accepting.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #124
    Originally posted by busyman
    I did apologize lefty. I shouldn&#39;t have obliged.
    Interesting that you assumed he was talking about me. (maybe you agree with 1234 hmmmm..)
    Yes I do agree with him.

Fortunately he was not talking about me.&nbsp;
    Sorry about that, I saw one guy calmly explaining his position and another guy spitting out a barrage of insults. I guess we must have different definitions of the word &#39;troll&#39;.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #125
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by leftism@9 January 2004 - 12:19
    Yes I do agree with him.

Sorry about that, I saw one guy calmly explaining his position and another guy spitting out a barrage of insults. I guess we must have different definitions of the word &#39;troll&#39;.
    1. I figured as much.

2. Actually there was just an insult here and there.
    I only did that after his "asswipe" comment. This topic didn&#39;t have such a thing inserted before that. A troller is not a person spouting insults.

It&#39;s a person especially going off-topic to get a rise out of others.

Calmly or not.

I can calmy say: I agree with Hitler&#39;s policies. All of them.
    You can tell me to STFU, idiot.

It doesn&#39;t neccesarily make you a troller.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #126
    Originally posted by busyman+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (busyman)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I can calmy say: I agree with Hitler&#39;s policies. All of them.
    You can tell me to STFU, idiot.

It doesn&#39;t neccesarily make you a troller.&nbsp; [/b]

I will agree he was slightly OT but trolling? I dont think so. Lets take a look.

<!--QuoteBegin-busyman

As just shown, the suffering of millions worldwide is directly due to US govt policies both before and after 9/11. You reap what you sow. Or rather, those poor sods in the WTC reaped it while the people responsible sat in bunkers in the middle of Nevada or wherever
    [/quote]

That seems like a pretty reasonable opinion to me.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #127
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

Guys, is it just me or has this drifted into one of those long running spats where the topic is merely secondary?

I have moved my mis-placed piece but I thought I would leave the above because it does still seem relevant.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. The Drawing Room   -   #128
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

Wrong spat

Is there a friendly mod out there who could move the above post to the right thread?

Sorry guys
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. The Drawing Room   -   #129
    Poster
    Oh I think we all know I was referring to Leftism, another incarnation of one of the most pathetic trollers the board has had the misfortune to be subjected to.

Whether terrorism occurs elsewhere is not the point here.

Whether the US Government is entitled to protect it&#39;s citizens and guests from terrorism is. I fully support their rights to take any steps they feel appropriate. They would be totally wrong not to. I think I said it earlier, damned if you do, damned if you don&#39;t.

What other Governments chose to do (or not do) is up to them. I will certainly support my own Government when it tries to protect me from cowardly indiscriminate murderers. If the cost is a photograph and some fingerprints, so be it.

The bank account thing is a red herring. Think of the personal details you give when getting a mortgage, car loan or whatever. You have no choice, don&#39;t do it you don&#39;t get the money, your loss.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #130
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Oh I think we all know I was referring to Leftism, another incarnation of one of the most pathetic trollers the board has had the misfortune to be subjected to.
    [/b]

Strange, I argued that fingerprinting wont prevent any terrorist attack and that means I&#39;m a "pathetic troller".

We certainly do have different definitions of the word troll.

Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@
    I fully support their rights to take any steps they feel appropriate. They would be totally wrong not to.
    I agree with that and have never suggested anything else.

Next time you feel like venting your aggression over the internet, make sure the target of your attention doesnt agree with you. Then you wont look so foolish

Of course you could be referring to me agreeing with this...

<!--QuoteBegin-1234

As just shown, the suffering of millions worldwide is directly due to US govt policies both before and after 9/11. You reap what you sow. Or rather, those poor sods in the WTC reaped it while the people responsible sat in bunkers in the middle of Nevada or wherever[/quote]

But that would just mean your calling me a troller for having a pretty reasonable opinion, which is also foolish.

Next time you accuse me of being a troll, be more specific. Then I wont have to second guess what your referring to and you&#39;ll be forced to back up your statements.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast