Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whole Metrosexual Thing Is So Damn Annoying...

muchspl2
    just stop it now please
    just get off the bandwagon people

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    Talk to the hand, the face don't wanna know. Girlfriend.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    lol, thats rite, cause im all that and a bag of low fat chips

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by muchspl2@3 January 2004 - 22:50
    just stop it now please
    just get off the bandwagon people
    I read that wrong, thought it had to do with Metrostars

5. Lounge   -   #5
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I looked in because I thought it was something Metro.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    ME too

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Ex-member
    For those who are confused (I was): http://www.wordspy.com/words/metrosexual.asp

I hope this isn't a pop at a member here?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    muchspl2
    you guys have never herd of it =/

guess thats a good thing

EDIT:
    The metrosexual revolution

David Beckham has his Victoria, but Britain's metrosexuals say Felicity Kendall, Nigella Lawson, and Kylie Minogue are their ideal women.

British men are increasingly becoming "metrosexuals", straight men who know and care about fashion, food, and good grooming, according to a new study.

Australia's Kylie Minogue and British actress Felicity Kendal and Nigella Lawson are the women of their dreams - in different roles.

Soccer star David Beckham and swimming champion Ian Thorpe have been held up as personifying metrosexuals.

Given just one wish, nearly a third would choose to grow old with the woman they love (the most-chosen scenario), while 19 per cent would wish that their children have happy, healthy lives.

The woman described by most British men as "closest to my ideal wife" is Felicity Kendal, star of '80s and often repeated sitcom The Good Life, with 21 per cent.

As a dream lover, 25 per cent of men chose Kylie Minogue, way ahead of Rachel Stevens from the British pop group, Sclub7, the choice of 18 per cent.

And if Felicity is unavailable as a spouse, second choice is Nigella Lawson, with 13 per cent, and Rachel Stevens is third, with 12 per cent. Marge Simpson scored 4.2 per cent.

Modern British men have accepted the feminist revolution of the past 30 years and have become much more feminine in the process, the research states.

Nearly threequarters agree that women should get equal pay for equal work, and only 10 per cent say they'd like to see a return to traditional sex roles.

Further evidence of the softening of modern man came in the way that British men describe themselves.

Seventy-six per cent see themselves as "easygoing" 72 per cent as "caring" and 68 per cent as "open-minded."

In contrast, just 10 per cent describe themselves as "dominant" and only three per cent claim to be a "stud". Modern men are also deeply committed to their partners.

Eighty per cent reject the idea of a life of casual sex in favour of a committed relationship.

Just nine per cent would choose to be a football star and seven per cent would opt to head a multinational company.

Given a list of male role models, nearly one in four men said they'd most like to be like Sean Connery, while just 15 per cent opted for footballer David Beckham.

The study, The Future of Men, is based on a survey of 1,000 British men and produced by communications group Euro RSCG Worldwide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Metrosexual Male
    It's the latest trend in the decline of the American male: metrosexuals.

Metrosexuals, according to the New York Times, "are straight urban men who are willing, even eager, to embrace their feminine sides." They love to shop with their gal pals. They wear designer jeans, fashionable tops and have long conversations about thread counts. Some even wear makeup and nail polish

Take 30-year-old Karru Martinson. "He uses a $40 face cream, wears Bruno Magli shoes and custom-tailored shirts," says the Times. "His hair is always just so, thanks to three brands of shampoo and the precise application of three hair grooming products: Textureline Smoothing Serum, got2b styling glue and Suave Rave hairspray."

The little twit.

We must go back a little ways to see how the American male has ended up in such a pathetic state. Some feminists weren't content to improve equality and opportunity for women. No, they wanted to destroy the enemy and the enemy was the American male.

Though feminists must be credited for their brilliant strategy. First they convinced men that we were wrong, that our tendencies and habits were products of how we were socialized as boys. They changed the socialization process to make us more sensitive, more emotional, more like women.

Once the door was open the marketers, those parasites, drove a Mack truck through it. They applied the same techniques on men that had always been successful with women. They beat us down and made us feel fat, ugly and unwanted so that we'd buy their lies, and the many useless products they advertise, to make ourselves feel better.

Boy, have they succeeded. Whereas men used to talk about sports or transmission maintenance, now they argue over botox and liposuction. Instead of watching football at the neighborhood pub, they're at the mall trying on jeans and tops and spike heels.

And while men have turned into women, women have turned into men. Whereas television depicts men as wimps and goofs, women are routinely depicted as being strong, decisive and athletic. One ad, which promotes a product to quit smoking, shows angry women kicking the bejesus out of a large cigarette.

I've met lots of "masculinated" women here in Washington. They work long hours in their high-stress corporate jobs. They are aggressive and decisive 70 hours a week. To climb the corporate ladder, they suppress their emotions, their individuality, their femininity. Then they use their hard-gotten gains to buy hard-charging sports cars which they drive aggressively, the way men used to.

And much of what men and women have allowed themselves to become is bunk.

Look, if you want to see what men and women really are, go to a playground. By nature, girls are softer and gentler. They like fashion and nail polish and playing with dolls. By nature, boys are rough and tumble. They like trucks and tools and they couldn't care less about their clothing or how their hair looks. Until they become feminized metrosexuals, that is.

Now I know you metrosexual fellows are highly sensitive, but it's time somebody reintroduces some basic facts about being a man:

The average American male should NOT enjoy shopping. You may go shopping but only under duress, and if you do go, you should whine and complain until your girlfriend or wife finally gives up and agrees to go home.

Rise of the Metrosexual

Macho man has bitten the dust: he's been replaced by something just as tough inside, but softer at the edges. Peter Gotting reports on a new target market.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Going metro, or is it bi-metro?

The European media found a metrosexual icon in soccer player David Beckham..

I'm having sexuality issues.

They began about the same time I started using gel in my hair.

I'm not saying there is a direct connection, but I have come to see gel as being, well, meaningful.

I also seem to be growing more fond of buying clothes, getting ready to go out and plucking wild eyebrows, which is weird because until fairly recently I had never had a conscious thought about the eyebrow.

I don't think any of this means I am in the process of changing teams.

I am not, despite these leanings, a metrosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that).

On the other hand, there is a good chance that I am becoming a bi-metrosexual.

Perhaps it would be a good idea at this point to define metrosexual.

Contrary to what the term suggests, a metrosexual is not someone who is sexually attracted to conveyances of public transportation (that would be a trainsexual).

Rather, a metrosexual is a straight male who pays attention to things such as fashion, personal grooming, diet, culture, design, art, food and all the other stuff you are never going to see a beer commercial built around.

P. Diddy, who used to be Puff Daddy, is a metrosexual.

So, too, is English soccer star David Beckham, who wears sarongs (not that there isn't everything wrong with that).

Anyway, here are some of the long-held beliefs I have begun to question:

That you wash your face with soap.

That you buy the cheapest deodorant.

That you always smell clothing before you put it on.

That you may go shopping with your wife or girlfriend, but you do not enjoy it.

That you get only one shot a day at combing your hair.

That you can divide all women's clothing into three styles: loose fitting, tight fitting and cleavage.

That you can derive super powers from a favorite T-shirt.

That you do your fingernails with the sharpest available object.

Conversely, here are some of the metrosexual tendencies I've begun to exhibit:

I watch "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" at halftime.

I know who Manolo Blahnik plays for.

I have been to an art gallery in the last six months.

I used my wife's hand lotion -- twice now.

I browse through GQ in the dentist office.

I am capable of ordering complex coffee.

I no longer think yoga is for sissies.

I had a dream in which I was celebrated for my savoir-faire.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I had heard of it, I just read it wrong.

Those chaps are always good for a laugh though.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    i want it back to when Men were Men, not Str8 queers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast