Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Soul Calibur Ii Characters?

- Nightmare -'s Avatar Arch-angel
    I have a few that I use in the game. Unfortunately one of my top faves, Hwang, isn't in the game.

Anyway.... I have found myself using alot are Seung Mina, Yunsung, Kilik and Mitsurugi. I am also starting to use Nightmare non-stop (obviously he's become my top fave along with Hwang ) as I find his moves truly impressive. I think Link should be on there as well.

It is time...

...for the end to be stopped.

2. Games   -   #2
    WOX's Avatar L.A VAMPIRE HERO
    I DON'T HAVE SOUL CALIBUR 2 BUT I HAVE SOUL CALIBUR AND I THINK CERVANTES IS THE COOLEST OF ALL AND MITSURUGI TOO.

3. Games   -   #3
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by WOX@2 January 2004 - 17:03
    I DON'T HAVE SOUL CALIBUR 2 BUT I HAVE SOUL CALIBUR AND I THINK CERVANTES IS THE COOLEST OF ALL AND MITSURUGI TOO.

4. Games   -   #4
    WOX's Avatar L.A VAMPIRE HERO
    sorry i forgot

5. Games   -   #5

It is time...

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    Well, going back to Soul Edge, my favourite was Li Long. Sadly, that was to be his only appearance, and the SC2 guy in his place is just not the same. Li Long was all about speed and control, but this new guy is a case of 'press attack button once, watch him perform 20-move combo of his own accord while you sit there screaming at him to turn around and face the enemy!'.

But in SC2, i've found a few characters i like. Talim is quick, agile, and whilst not especially damaging, has enough feints and charges to keep anyone on their toes. Taki is, as she always was, a particularly cruel way to pound an opponent into oblivion. There's nothing fun about beating an opponent that cant get an attack in edgeways, but theres nothing more fun that watching the face of a human opponent fall when you do it to them.
    But my favourite would be another veteran of the original. No, not nightmare (aka Siegfried Schtauffen (sp?)), nor Cervantes (fun now and then, but his best moves, like 'sgn of the cross', have been lost). No, my favourite would now be Voldo. Nowhere to hide, getting behind him yields little advantage, and he's just plain scary to watch. Sadly, i haven't been able to find the 'Meat Grinder' alternate throw from the first game - i have a feeling that it too may have been dropped.

Speaking of which - i want my weapon gauges and Critical Edge combo's back, Namco! There was nothing more fun than engineering a CE setup to nail that 'invincible' sob your opponent had chosen just when he thought he had you...
    Give 'em back or there'll be Fire and Brimstone!
    (yeah, bad joke, doubt anyone will get it.)

Edit :- corrected spelling. Sould edge? erm... yeah... ok...

7. Games   -   #7
    Yeah I remember it started with Soul Edge (aka Soul Blade) for myself as well. I had it for an entire summer and man was I addicted to that game. The two characters I remember playing with the most are Hwang and Siegfried.

I think I remember Li Long but I'm not sure. Voldo gets on my nerves though....

It is time...

8. Games   -   #8
    Debaser
    I have the GC version, so I somehow end up playing as Link all the time, "GC pride" or whatever, I've gotten pretty good with him so I use him exclusively now.

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    Long was the chinese guy with either a bald head or a half-ponytail, half-bun type hairdo. his stage was the raft that floated down the river as you played, iirc. Hwang was too much like mitsurugi for me, and i never got on with M. Oddly enough, i liked playing as Han myung instead though..

(For those that don't know how to play as him, beat arcade mode with Hwang, and trigger the second ending sequence. Then do the same with Seung mina right afterwards. He becomes available off the left hand side of the player screen.)

10. Games   -   #10
    kilik is the best for sure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast