Thread: Xbox Linux

It seems that with a game, a memory card and a few homemade cables, linux can be easily run on the xbox. Has anybody done this and is it cool. I have never used linux before but it would be cool to be able to run my xbox as a computer. Will this be useful to me or should I just wait and get a mod chip when I have enough money?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Yeah its pretty cool and very easy to install.

A freind tried it out once.

You can also get a DOS emulator and run your old DOS games and even install windows on it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by mutha trucka@3 January 2004 - 02:47
    It seems that with a game, a memory card and a few homemade cables, linux can be easily run on the xbox. Has anybody done this and is it cool. I have never used linux before but it would be cool to be able to run my xbox as a computer. Will this be useful to me or should I just wait and get a mod chip when I have enough money?
    actually a friend of mine has his xbox running linux.... this is due because he modded it so that he can run the xbox iso emulator from the xbox harddrive...

so what he does is transfer the iso's from his computer to the xbox hdd, and then runs em from the hdd

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    xbox linux
    thants the one main site on google but type in xbox linux project and theres a shit load more

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by DWk+3 January 2004 - 09:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 3 January 2004 - 09:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mutha trucka@3 January 2004 - 02:47
    It seems that with a game, a memory card and a few homemade cables, linux can be easily run on the xbox.&nbsp; Has anybody done this and is it cool.&nbsp; I have never used linux before but it would be cool to be able to run my xbox as a computer.&nbsp; Will this be useful to me or should I just wait and get a mod chip when I have enough money?
    actually a friend of mine has his xbox running linux.... this is due because he modded it so that he can run the xbox iso emulator from the xbox harddrive...

so what he does is transfer the iso&#39;s from his computer to the xbox hdd, and then runs em from the hdd [/b][/quote]
    Need a cross overcable for that though.