Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cd Burning Program

I need a new cd burning program, I have Nero Express that came with my burner, but it takes me 10 minutes to write a 13 song cd at 40x write. I want a program that has a lot of stuff. Audio/Data CD creating, Image Burning/Creating, VCDs, CD copying.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    for general burning Nero IS the best

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    It only takes me 6 mins at 16 speed !!!
    Make sure you have your "dma" on for the Cd(Cdrw).
    It might help if you let people know your machine spec's plus operating system and the version of Nero too.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by cwctv@3 January 2004 - 12:24
    It only takes me 6 mins at 16 speed !!!
    Make sure you have your "dma" on for the Cd(Cdrw).
    It might help if you let people know your machine spec's plus operating system and the version of Nero too.
    what happens if you dont have dma on ?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Well for either h/drives or Cd(cdrw's) it will slow it down Direct Memory Access (dma).If I have mine off for cutting say disc to disc it takes 10 mins plus if "on" only 6 mins the same as for cutting files from the h/drive to cd,this is at 16 speed.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Nero. You can almost do it all with that... Alcohol 120% is a good 1:1 copier but with the latest protections it still don't cut it so your better off downloading cracked releases.

Don't bother with Roxio EasyCDCreator no matter how much you are tempted. Why? Consider this: WinXP has CD writing capability built-in, which was developed for them by Adaptec (now known to us all as Roxio), yet when the next version of EasyCDCreator was released after XP was on the shelves, it fucked the system totally, rendering it un-bootable. How the hell could they develop the XP CDR/W engine and then release something that just didn't work? Numpties!
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by cwctv@3 January 2004 - 06:48
    Well for either h/drives or Cd(cdrw's) it will slow it down Direct Memory Access (dma).If I have mine off for cutting say disc to disc it takes 10 mins plus if "on" only 6 mins the same as for cutting files from the h/drive to cd,this is at 16 speed.
    oh TRUST me u dont want dma off....

ur computer is MAJORLY slow...and i mean SLOW

dont even know why there's an option to use it or not

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by DWk@3 January 2004 - 14:26
    dont even know why there's an option to use it or not
    For compatibility. :-/
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Smurfette+3 January 2004 - 07:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smurfette @ 3 January 2004 - 07:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DWk@3 January 2004 - 14:26
    dont even know why there&#39;s an option to use it or not
    For compatibility. :-/ [/b][/quote]
    with?

well at least non-dma/pio isnt that much compatible with my computer.... they get a little frusty on each other

haha

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    DWk I nearly put a quote in to the problem you had not long back about dma just couldn&#39;t be arsed to find it,yep dma AS to be enabled its a must with todays drives (cd-rw).
    As for compatibility that takes me back a few years its for old drives when bios&#39;s and chipsets had problems reading these fast things we now have today esp data transfer,they shouldn&#39;t be many around now even some of the early 2.1gigs ran with dma if the m/board and chipset allowed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast