Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions Please

Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Hello!

So you want name suggestions for this new network client?

What network will it use or is it a completely new network we are talking about?

I think that the name of a client is extremely important and the name of a client can make or break it sort of speak. There is no coincidence that the most popular clients for the respective network all have cool powerfull names. Kazaa for instance sounds like something asian powerfull expression you could use in martial arts or when doing magic tricks it is a cool word. The most popular Gnutella clients are named Morpheus,LimeWire and Shareaza all cool names.

So what should this new client be named. You want it to be a cool name. It should sound very powerfull and be something thet grabs you when saying it.

You want it to contain the word Swap as in users sharing files between eachother!.

here is a suggestion that I think sounds cool and are quite powerfull expression.

I thaught what is a user doing when connection to and using a P2P application?

In Pursuit of files ofcourse the word Pursuite is a cool powerfull word that makes you think of stuff like car chases,Police, etc

So since users are in Pursuit of files and are swapping them between eachoter how about the word:

SwapPursuit

As in beeing in hunt for files and swapping them!

I think it sounds cool!

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    It wil support multiple networks once completed. The client will also contain functions to start an own network.

I can't give too much details for now since we did not decide which ones yet

Please don't ask much about details because if I start to answer it will just delay the process of coding it

I just say that it will be free for spyware / adware and it will be friendly to newcomers.

Edit: removed screenshot cause it's too early to show it

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Swap Revolution XL

or just Swap Revolution
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

4. Lounge   -   #24
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    swapingthings.com is available not sure

@keikan SwapRevolutions is available

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Poster
    i like swap 'n share or anything like it, swapshare etc

SwapNow
    files 'n things
    SwapLife

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

6. Lounge   -   #26
    h1
    I'm posting only available .com domains here.

ShareRevolution
    RevolutionSwap
    Swapster
    Helios (IDK, just sounds cool -- I like this one as it goes with the "powerful names" idea)
    Apollo (.com taken by Galileo, .net available -- again, "powerful names")
    Entropy Share
    SwapPeak
    Hardcore Swap
    SwapHQ (.com parked, .net / .org available)
    ShareHQ

I realize most of these suck... just trying to help...

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    What about just Swap ?

8. Lounge   -   #28
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    How about

Crazy Swap
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by haxor41789@4 January 2004 - 03:54
    This is sort of OT (in the lounge? ), but will this app be entirely legal because all of the networks it supports, including its proprietary one, be decentralized?

I mean if it were to support, say SS, a centralized network, it would probably become illegal.
    Would be bad if something becomes illegal just because you support it cause then nobody woould be allowed to code a FTP program (since you can connect to warez ftp's) etc.

The client itself is 100 % legal cause we don't run own file list servers (users do if they want).

10. Lounge   -   #30
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    Originally posted by 7thElement+4 January 2004 - 01:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (7thElement @ 4 January 2004 - 01:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-haxor41789@4 January 2004 - 03:54
    This is sort of OT (in the lounge? ), but will this app be entirely legal because all of the networks it supports, including its proprietary one, be decentralized?

I mean if it were to support, say SS, a centralized network, it would probably become illegal.
    Would be bad if something becomes illegal just because you support it cause then nobody woould be allowed to code a FTP program (since you can connect to warez ftp&#39;s) etc.

The client itself is 100 % legal cause we don&#39;t run own file list servers (users do if they want). [/b][/quote]
    Can you let me in to get a sneek peak i wont say anything i jus wanna get a little peak

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast