Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Best (fair) Scam To Get Cheap Hardware

Most stores around here do that.

Their is this PC store and this guy is such a rip of. He has 40gb hdd for AU$110 and this other store has the exact same one for AU$89.

I might go look for a faster CPU and get them to lower the price for me

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by clocker+4 January 2004 - 03:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 4 January 2004 - 03:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@3 January 2004 - 18:21
    a store like microcenter has many locations
    Edit: even in clocker&#39;s denver&#33;
    Yes indeedy.
    About 15 minutes from my humble abode, no less.

Even better, they recently redid the layout of their store and have a entire, new section devoted to aftermarket modding gear. The department head told me that in the next few months they will be stocking all sorts of cool stuff. Their fan selection has improved quite a bit, as has the HSF selection, but the best news is the watercooling parts he hopes to carry. Pelts, radiators, pumps....ah, Paradise&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Who, circuity city or microcenter?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5+4 January 2004 - 02:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jaigandhi5 @ 4 January 2004 - 02:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@4 January 2004 - 03:05
    Their fan selection has improved quite a bit, as has the HSF selection, but the best news is the watercooling parts he hopes to carry. Pelts, radiators, pumps....ah, Paradise&#33;
    u shud work there...

u wud get a discount off the stuff u buy B) [/b][/quote]
    Work there? Clocker could probably supply them&#33;
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by adamp2p@3 January 2004 - 20:15

MicroCenter.

It will be interesting to see how this works for them.
    My impression is that the individual stores have a fair amount of leeway concerning what/how much they will stock.

Apparently Denver has a pretty active computer market ( hence the decision to open a store here) so the decision to go more upscale/radical will work out.
    Oddly, as MicroCenter has begun to carry more accessories, the local CompUSA has started cutting back. Perhaps they are willing to cede the market without a fight.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by clocker+4 January 2004 - 05:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 4 January 2004 - 05:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@3 January 2004 - 20:15

MicroCenter.

It will be interesting to see how this works for them.
    My impression is that the individual stores have a fair amount of leeway concerning what/how much they will stock.

Apparently Denver has a pretty active computer market ( hence the decision to open a store here) so the decision to go more upscale/radical will work out.
    Oddly, as MicroCenter has begun to carry more accessories, the local CompUSA has started cutting back. Perhaps they are willing to cede the market without a fight. [/b][/quote]
    Well one thing is for sure, they seem to have unbeatable prices. I wonder what kind of margin they make on those &#036;399 XT&#39;s. How do they manage that?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Best Buy and Circuit City have a mark up of 100% so they are really getting the 9800 XT&#39;s for around 250 since they order in bundles or mass. but they ask 500 cause they can make that but some companies like Microcenter take risk and sell and mark up maybe 50 to 75 percent but since they have good prices the high sales make up for the lower profit. when you work there you usually dont have to pay mark up ou order it str8 from the company.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Cheap Chinese labor?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    the problem with the price match is that the store has to be in your city and there is normally a limit of about &#036;50 on the beating of the price. So if you live in a city with both stores do it. Also some websites do this like soundomain.com.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by neevakee@4 January 2004 - 05:44
    the problem with the price match is that the store has to be in your city and there is normally a limit of about &#036;50 on the beating of the price. So if you live in a city with both stores do it. Also some websites do this like soundomain.com.
    Considering that I live in a huge city, I don&#39;t think it will be too hard to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12