Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Best (fair) Scam To Get Cheap Hardware

Okay, here is how you do it:

First you need to find out what exactly you want (obviously).

Then find one of those stores that have one of those policies that says "if you can find the product for cheaper then we will beat it by xx%." *where xx is a percentage value.

Then find the product at www.microcenter.com or super cheap another store. Wala, you get a great deal.

Here is an example:

All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro 128MB 8x AGP Video Card

Then go to or circuitcity.com or another store with and find the same item and such a policy:

Online Price Match Plus Guarantee

And you save some serious dough!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Might work.

However, many stores with that kind of policy insist that the price they will beat must be from another "brick and mortar" competitor as they can't/won't compete against on-line retailers.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by clocker@4 January 2004 - 02:10
    Might work.

However, many stores with that kind of policy insist that the price they will beat must be from another "brick and mortar" competitor as they can't/won't compete against on-line retailers.
    But a store like microcenter has many locations

Edit: even in clocker's denver!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    OMG HOLY CRAPLET's!!! Micro Center has 9800 XT's for $400!!! is that Store real? thats hard to believe since the cheapest i've seen 9800 XT's is 450.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Pitbul@4 January 2004 - 02:39
    OMG HOLY CRAPLET's!!! Micro Center has 9800 XT's for $400!!! is that Store real? thats hard to believe since the cheapest i've seen 9800 XT's is 450.
    No shit, eh?

Now only if you had a circuit city near you! You could get it for 10% less than that!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Thats a nice card, the all in wonder
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by adamp2p+3 January 2004 - 18:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 3 January 2004 - 18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pitbul@4 January 2004 - 02:39
    OMG HOLY CRAPLET&#39;s&#33;&#33;&#33; Micro Center has 9800 XT&#39;s for &#036;400&#33;&#33;&#33; is that Store real? thats hard to believe since the cheapest i&#39;ve seen 9800 XT&#39;s is 450.&nbsp; &nbsp;
    No shit, eh?

Now only if you had a circuit city near you&#33; You could get it for 10% less than that&#33; [/b][/quote]
    i have about 3 circuit city&#39;s near me. hehe :grows an evil grin:

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by adamp2p@3 January 2004 - 18:21
    a store like microcenter has many locations
    Edit: even in clocker&#39;s denver&#33;&nbsp;
    Yes indeedy.
    About 15 minutes from my humble abode, no less.

Even better, they recently redid the layout of their store and have a entire, new section devoted to aftermarket modding gear. The department head told me that in the next few months they will be stocking all sorts of cool stuff. Their fan selection has improved quite a bit, as has the HSF selection, but the best news is the watercooling parts he hopes to carry. Pelts, radiators, pumps....ah, Paradise&#33;

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by clocker+4 January 2004 - 03:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 4 January 2004 - 03:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@3 January 2004 - 18:21
    a store like microcenter has many locations
    Edit: even in clocker&#39;s denver&#33;
    Yes indeedy.
    About 15 minutes from my humble abode, no less.

Even better, they recently redid the layout of their store and have a entire, new section devoted to aftermarket modding gear. The department head told me that in the next few months they will be stocking all sorts of cool stuff. Their fan selection has improved quite a bit, as has the HSF selection, but the best news is the watercooling parts he hopes to carry. Pelts, radiators, pumps....ah, Paradise&#33; [/b][/quote]
    u shud work there...

u wud get a discount off the stuff u buy B)

My Blog
    I'm still here.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5@3 January 2004 - 19:13

u shud work there...

u wud get a discount off the stuff u buy B)
    Work?

What is this "work" of which you speak?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast