Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Have An Online "persona"

Poster
    Originally posted by the_faceman+4 January 2004 - 04:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the_faceman @ 4 January 2004 - 04:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@4 January 2004 - 02:43
    I am me, I don&#39;t do being anything else.

I have neither the time nor the inclination.
    do u actively withold information you would consider too revealing about you real-life identity? [/b][/quote]
    The question makes no sense.

You can&#39;t actively not do something.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    lol true. to rephrase for the pedantic.

Do you protect your real identity with vigour? Does the anonyminity that you have mean a lot to you?

i just realised - you can actively withold something, by taking the neccessary steps to avoid it&#39;s release. that was the reason the question was worded that way.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by the_faceman@4 January 2004 - 04:56
    lol true. to rephrase for the pedantic.

Do you protect your real identity with vigour? Does the anonyminity that you have mean a lot to you?
    No

4. Lounge   -   #24
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    Originally posted by the_faceman@3 January 2004 - 23:14

Personally, i don&#39;t think i am exactly the same on here as i am in real life, although i like to think that i am a relatively likeable character. i have no known enemies in my real life, and i don&#39;t believe i have any online. ***edit*** i should add that the only real changes to my real life personality i make when online are ones i consciously make as to not give away too much about myself. i like my relative anonyminity, and wish to keep it that way, hence no picture was put forth for funky&#39;s website. i&#39;d have liked to, but didn&#39;t.

Thoughts?
    i have no known enemies in my real life,and i don&#39;t believe i have any online.

Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

5. Lounge   -   #25
    thank you for your reply. i should have used &#39;consciously&#39; instead of &#39;actively&#39;. I would then have avoided the first occasion when one of my posts came under your scrutiny. A pleasant and neccessary experience if there ever was one.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Originally posted by infamousalbo101@4 January 2004 - 02:59
    i don&#39;t hold you in as high regard as i would an enemy - you are just an immature waste of space.

denied.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+4 January 2004 - 03:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 4 January 2004 - 03:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@4 January 2004 - 04:42
    IRL i&#39;m the same attention whore you don&#39;t see before you now.

my real names dave, i do have fits of hyperactive stupidity that end up embarrassing me.

i reckon that if a real person saw this they would recognise me

i do make some effort to hide my identity for fun

i can be boring IRL too

and i&#39;m starting to wonder whether in a weeks time i will remember or even miss the great personalities with no faces
    So go now, make the break.

You know it makes sense. [/b][/quote]
    it doesnt make sense

i&#39;m regreting it already but i know its the only way.

being inside all day is not good for my skin (specially at 17 if you know what i mean (too much info ))

i would do compromise but i&#39;m not good at that. cold turkeys the way for me.

this isn&#39;t just a promise to the forum but a promise to myself. a test if you like. so i&#39;m gonna enjoy spending these last posts as much as i can

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Originally posted by the_faceman+4 January 2004 - 00:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the_faceman @ 4 January 2004 - 00:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-infamousalbo101@4 January 2004 - 02:59
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
    i don&#39;t hold you in as high regard as i would an enemy - you are just an immature waste of space.

denied. [/b][/quote]
    You still have&#39;nt gave me my kiss

Ever heard of the edit button?

9. Lounge   -   #29
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    To the first part of your question, my answer is both yes, and no.

For the most part, I have the same personality which I portray on this forum.

But, I also do not reveal everything about myself to anyone online, with the exception of a few people that I have become close to.

To the second part of your question, yes, I think it&#39;s entirely possible to develop friendships with people you speak to online, and that those friendships are just as strong as those in your real life. Mind you, the people I have become close to online, I have also spoken to over the phone, or voice conference, or webcam, or even met in person.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Originally posted by NikkiD@4 January 2004 - 00:34
    To the first part of your question, my answer is both yes, and no.

For the most part, I have the same personality which I portray on this forum.

But, I also do not reveal everything about myself to anyone online, with the exception of a few people that I have become close to.

To the second part of your question, yes, I think it&#39;s entirely possible to develop friendships with people you speak to online, and that those friendships are just as strong as those in your real life. Mind you, the people I have become close to online, I have also spoken to over the phone, or voice conference, or webcam, or even met in person.
    nobody asked you

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast