Thread: Standard Gameport Driver?

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    here's the deal, my standard game port (the yellow port in the back of the comp) is somehow disabled. b4 u say this doesn't belong in hardwareworld, listen. in device manager, there is an exclamation mark in a yellow circle next to the standard game port. is that a driver problem? i think it is but i'm not to sure. i've checked the windows site, with no luck. it appears to be a joy.cpl file or something like that that's corrupt (i can't remember). anyone know where to get the drivers for it? of better yet, how to fix it. my computer is so freaking old, i don't even know what the mobo is called. call me stupid, but is there anyway of figuring out what kind of mobo you have without opening it (maybe a program that checks your bios or something, sorry, i'm a total n00b at this ). anywho, standard game port disabled, need drivers or knowhow to fix, HELP PLS !!!!

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Forum Star
    not sure but you could try this, in device manager 'update driver' and when it asks for the location direct it to: C:\WINDOWS\inf - this is where default/generic drivers are for HID's in xp so it might fix it

standard game port driver is 'gameenum.sys' if you want to google for info on it

ps - you're not in hardwareworld

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks! and i'm well aware i'm not in gamesworld, i mean hardwareworld

p.s., any idea where on the comp the 'gameenum.sys' is loca... never mind, i just found google...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    did a quick search on it, can't find where to exactly download the drivers for the standard game port (win xp) from. googled it up, found some interesting results (sound drivers for win98, wtf?). anywho, does anyone know where to get it from, or if someone could send me the driver via email, win xp pro version that is for the standard game port. thanks, and any info is much appreciated it, what would i do with out you guys .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    anyone? pls?! :'(