Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im Looking For A Winxp Patch

Poster
    I have a problem with my internet, I am on a Linksys USB adapter. My internet connection stops for like 5 seconds ever 1-2 minutes. Ive email Linksys about this several times, and each thing didnt help. The Adapter did work on my old computer. The last person sent me an email saying that Windows XP has problems with USB adapters and to look for a patch on the microsoft site. Ive looked on the site and cant find any patches for the USB. Does anyone know what and where I can get the patch?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    there is an patch update for USB 1.1 and USB 2
    it's listed on the windows update website

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    im pretty sure that you need to install service pack 1 for windows xp and that fixes some problems with USB and adds support for USB2.0...hope this helps.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Thanks guys. But I already have SP1 and no USB patch is showing up on the WU site. I guess I will just have to wait for SP2, maybe that has something that can fix it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I do not know anything about your problem specifically, however, just as a suggestion, have you tried just flat out searching some "techie-type site" or just plugging in something on a google search engine to see if anything pops up? You cannot be the only one who ever had this problem. There has to be an article or perhaps someone's own personal site that has information about this or even the patch you are looking for. Even if you just popped in a few chat rooms here and there.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    you can download the windows xp sp2 beta install program Here if you want it i had a topic about this a few weeks ago, but got finally found it on a warez site. Beware that it may cause more problems than it fixes but its running fine for me. Also its a pretty big download (90mb, big for me on 128kb cable lol took a few hours) Atleast it added a better firewall and a popup blocker to internet explorer.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Sir, maybe there is a USB driver you have to install on your mobo disc? (if you know where it is)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I had a USB problem like that with an adapter and xp. I tried all the patches and everything imaginable, all the forums and all, and nothing solved the problem. I also learned that loads of people have that same problem and very few have had success solving it. In the end I just upgraded to a new pc with usb 2. That is the easiest solution.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    This computer is brand new, I got it for my birthday (october), It has USB 2.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    The easiest solution wouldnt be geting a whole new computer it would be to just get a NIC card instead of using the usb adaptor then all the problems will be solved and for a very low price (theyre usually only like $10)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast