Thread: 3d Mark 2001 Benchmark Tests

on 3d mark 2001 i tested benchmark and it had to skip a few tests cause the gf4 mmx 128mb doesnt do pixal shading well ect.

anyway my score was:

now im pritty sure thats shite so can someone help me get the score up. seeing as iv had my pc for sometime i rly dont care if i damege it cause i will b getting a new one soon.

overclocking is something i would like to do if it helps.

thnx

Edit: This is the first time i hav eva run these tests

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Everything else on your system looks pretty good, except your graphics card and your HDD space, but its fine depending on what you do. Overclocking your graphics card and CPU would raise the score. Mine is 16000 something I think, but that is because of the awesome graphics card.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i play (well try) to play all the latest games etc etc. movies etc etc and i do use my pc for v. heavy stuff. max payne 2 runs okay but sometimes i see alot of slowdown. how would i go about o/coing my gfx card?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Get a program like RivaTuner, orrrrrr go here.

Edit: be careful...I'm sure you dont have a temp sensor on your GPU, so go slowly when overclocking and test for stability. You can feel you HS on it too and if its BURNING up you might wana calm down..when i first got my computer all the HS on the northbridge was cool and everything...now that ive overclocked they are pretty hottt.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum