Thread: Photoshop First Time

I got this when i installed for the first time Photoshop on my pc , what should i do ?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Not trying to be rude at all, but you can use the tutorials from your post.

http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=88248

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I don't need a tutorial for making graphics with Photoshop , just i don't understand what that window want from me to do.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    um, try clicking ok, just a thought. strange i got a similiar error when i first started up photoshop, here's what it said (can't remember too clearly):

=====================================================
    |Color settings for Photoshop 7.0 will be configured using default
    |settings.
    |
    |Do you wish to customize your color settings now? You can choose |edit>Color|Settings to customize them |later. |
    |
    |.............................................. --------------
    |...............................................|......OK......|
    |...............................................--------------
    =====================================================
    wait, that wasn't an error, more like a prompt. i think your problem is withing photoshop itself, try searching in the help index for scratch and windows primary paging file, find out what it is, and try moving to a different hdd, or move to another volume it said, another partition more likely. sorry, can't help you much.

p.s. i don't have a server that hosts pictures

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    edit

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Originally posted by Agent Smith@4 January 2004 - 03:59
    edit
    done

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by cpt_azad+4 January 2004 - 04:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cpt_azad @ 4 January 2004 - 04:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Agent Smith@4 January 2004 - 03:59
    edit
    done [/b][/quote]
    Yep

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Forum Star
    hi shared

first run of photoshop should always show that message. it is the way you allocate how the prog uses your system resources and ram, basically when you are editing a *big* file (big being maybe 100&#39;s of mb&#39;s, just depends on your system) you will get better performance if you set up your "scratch disks" on a different physical drive or partition, and in a different location from any large files you are editing.

you only really need to change these settings if you ever get an error message that goes something like "not enough memory to complete operation"

to cut a long story short, its safe to just click &#39;ok&#39;, and if you ever do need to change these settings (only really necessary for editing large files) then you can goto &#39;Edit&#39; menu>&#39;Preferences&#39;>&#39;Plugins & Scratch Disks&#39; and you can change the drive settings. first disk should always be your start-up drive (c.

@cpt_azad - you can host your pics at http://uploadit.org/ or http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/