Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: "piracy Police Get New Weapon" Against Kazaa Users

Poster
    in my humble and limited knowledege i would say that the companies would not go after the user's as there is too many rather they go for the networks as once these are shut down then file sharing will slowly come to an end look at napster or audio galaxy they exist but you have to pay..by forcing file sharing networks down this route many will stop as the user's do not want to pay or they will go underground as it were....(not sure what that last bit is meant to say or mean but it sounded good).

as i said this my humble opion on the matter

but for now download while you can if u get caught deny everything LOLOLOL

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    The Uk law you are refering to is the 'Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act' and is in operation already.

There are two key points to be aware of, although no major test cases have happened yet as far as I am aware.

1. You must provide the key to the authorities if requested and if you refuse you can get up to 2 years in prison.

2. If for example you work for someone, and the authorities make you give up the key so they can read their encrypted messages, if you tell them that their encryption is no longer secure you can be put into prison for up to 5 years!!! Yep.....5.....long.....years.

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Poster
    Originally posted by sara5564@8 March 2003 - 05:38
    The Uk law you are refering to is the 'Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act' and is in operation already.

There are two key points to be aware of, although no major test cases have happened yet as far as I am aware.

1. You must provide the key to the authorities if requested and if you refuse you can get up to 2 years in prison.

2. If for example you work for someone, and the authorities make you give up the key so they can read their encrypted messages, if you tell them that their encryption is no longer secure you can be put into prison for up to 5 years!!! Yep.....5.....long.....years.
    Sorry to be a pedant, but that act doesn't cover Scotland, where there is Regulation of Investigatory Powers (Scotland) Act. As you called it a UK Act people may have thought it covered the whole of the UK.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345