Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Program Do You Think Is The Best That ......

cow_dung's Avatar 2010 Killua
    ie: Turbo-Surfer, Dr.Speed

thnx :

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    I'm using Webroot Accelerate don't see any noticable improvement tho

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Download speed = DAP

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Software related questions...........moving. B)
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i dont fink them internet speed program fings even work

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by p2pmaster@4 January 2004 - 14:23
    i dont fink them internet speed program fings even work
    I think these programs just cache the webpages that you view then when you go to them again it loads them from your hard drive...it doesnt improve download speeds one bit so you will see no differences in file sharing programs or any otehr downloads if thats what you are after.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    if u have got a 512kb cable modem and u pay 30pounds a month for it, there is no program in the world that is going to make that modem run at 1mg. the only way u can speed up your 56k modem or what ever u have got is 2 upgrade it to cable and pay for it.....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I agree with Foot Loose.

Your actual speeds are set by your ISP. A 56k connection will always remain a 56k connection (and you can forget on ever reaching the full 56kbps) no matter what you do or software you install. You can do a few tweaks here and there to improve page loading for your browser or install download managing programs to draw from the most available sources but that is about it. Perhaps if you are currently using a dial-up connection that is v90-based, you may want to switch it out for one that can support v92. Even then that will only lessen the "handshake time" between your modem and your ISP to reduce the actual time it takes you to connect. They say that the v92 standard also helps improve speed somewhat but I think that mostly pertains to just being able to make better use of the bandwidth your ISP alots you. Using the more premium designed phone lines running from your system to the outlet jack may improve the flow which will improve speed overall but do not count on anything earth-shattering. Other elements such as your area, type of services available, phone lines, internet traffic and even other users can all make or break your connection speeds.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Izagaia@4 January 2004 - 17:57
    I agree with Foot Loose.

Your actual speeds are set by your ISP. A 56k connection will always remain a 56k connection (and you can forget on ever reaching the full 56kbps) no matter what you do or software you install. You can do a few tweaks here and there to improve page loading for your browser or install download managing programs to draw from the most available sources but that is about it. Perhaps if you are currently using a dial-up connection that is v90-based, you may want to switch it out for one that can support v92. Even then that will only lessen the "handshake time" between your modem and your ISP to reduce the actual time it takes you to connect. They say that the v92 standard also helps improve speed somewhat but I think that mostly pertains to just being able to make better use of the bandwidth your ISP alots you. Using the more premium designed phone lines running from your system to the outlet jack may improve the flow which will improve speed overall but do not count on anything earth-shattering. Other elements such as your area, type of services available, phone lines, internet traffic and even other users can all make or break your connection speeds.
    well said

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Dont think they work system mechanic has one but i could n t tell the difference
    But there is reg tweak on xp tips and tweaks iv heard was good. Seems microsoft dumbs everything down by default . Big suprise there ? eh

Tweak xp .com is the site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast