Thread: Drives

Duffman's Avatar Poster
    i just installed a new dvd-rw and 1. the little digital audio cable bugs me, i don't know where it goes, 2. its white and my comp is a black color scheme what do i do, and 3 nothing you can do but it didn't come with a blank dvd and im kinda pissed, mostly 2, the color pissed me off what do i do

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by Duffman3@4 January 2004 - 21:35
    i just installed a new dvd-rw and 1. the little digital audio cable bugs me, i don't know where it goes.
    You most likely don't have one then, there on your soundcard, usually unless your sound in on the mobo, then it's on the mob.

2. its white and my comp is a black color scheme what do i do
    Buy another one, in black.

3 nothing you can do but it didn't come with a blank dvd and im kinda pissed, mostly 2, the color pissed me off what do i do
    We could storm the manufacturing and make them give you a DVDR :gunsmile:
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Cant you get a cover that goes over the drive to match the case color?
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i just installed a new dvd-rw and 1. the little digital audio cable bugs me, i don't know where it goes.
    I wouldnt worry about it.

Most motherboards these days support digital audio so it should be fine.

To test without the cord, just put in a music cd (not mp3 an actually music cd) and see if you get sound. If you get sound its all good. If you dont get sound, you have to plug in the cord.

Look for 2 pins on the mother board that sais something like "cd in" and plug it in their.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Evil Gemini@6 January 2004 - 05:16

Look for 2 pins on the mother board that sais something like "cd in" and plug it in their.
    I don't think so.
    My understanding is that some early soundcards didn't get the digital sound signal through the PCI interface and needed to be linked directly with the optical drive.
    This is usually not the case today and the digital out port on your CD player is redundant.
    I could be wrong, but I have yet to connect a CD player using anything more than the IDE cable and sound has never been an issue.

As for your drive color...
    If you can't return it and get a black one ( obviously the preferred method) then look at this
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by clocker@6 January 2004 - 13:47
    I could be wrong, but I have yet to connect a CD player using anything more than the IDE cable and sound has never been an issue.
    What, no power cable?