Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Try Glt Poliane ,,,perfect Ag Substitute

yess it is light ,,
    its
    CLEAR!: Without any ad-ware, spy-ware or other bundled program.
    * SIMPLE: It doesn't modify any system files during the installation.
    * LIGHT: It uses small amounts of system resources.
    * SMALL: Only 205KB the full program!
    it has a web based interface ,,,
    it free ware ...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    it is king of p2p ..
    web based interface ,,,freeware software..
    for those people ,,,who miss audiogalaxy//
    CLEAR!: Without any ad-ware, spy-ware or other bundled program.
    * SIMPLE: It doesn't modify any system files during the installation.
    * LIGHT: It uses small amounts of system resources.
    * SMALL: Only 205KB the full program!

go to www.gltpoliane.com

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    What's '' Ag '' ? btw , you forget the screenshot .

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    internet.news
    I tried it several months ago - it has a similar interface but it is at the moment
    in some ways useless as effective p2p cause there are less ppl there.

And if there would have been more ppl it is centralized.

For all ppl who want AG's design there is a Winamp 2.9 skin on winamp.com,
    called "Audiogalaxy_Amp" And there is a plugin something like a song requester
    you can change template htm file easily to AG Design - Oddsock Songrequester.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Originally posted by sharedholder@5 January 2004 - 13:26
    What's '' Ag '' ? btw , you forget the screenshot .
    I think he means Audio Galaxy
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    it seems that glt poliane will defeat all other p2p programs ,,,
    due to several reasons...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    it seems that glt poliane will defeat all other p2p programs ,,,
    due to several reasons...
    WEB BASED INTER FACE
    NO SPYWARE
    FREE - WARE
    LIGHTER PROGRAM AS DOES NOT SUCK BANDWTIDTH AND SYSTEM RESOURCES..

THE SOFTWARE HAS ALL CHARACTERISTICS WHICH THE OTHER SOFTWARE LACK

it is the perfect substitue of audiogalaxy..........!

but all it needs ,,the number of users.....!

just visit the website ...www.gltpoliane.com

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Hello!

Have you actualy tryed it and by using Antivirus software and Adaware software checked if it installs some shit?

If you have how does it work and is it any good?

It will however not replace Kazaa as you state as it is only a music service like Kazaa was in the beginning now Kazaa is a tool to find everything not just music.

But if succesfull it could replace the old best musicfinder ever Audigalaxy. But I doubt it since the RIAA willl probably get them somehow!.

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Seems like spam to me and what the f*** is GLT Poliane? But I'll answer my predictions to make a legit post

Kazaa has had its day - With Sharman's mismanagement of current matters in terms of helping their users (spyware, pop-up ads, introduction of DRM systems, legal action against K-Lite instead of other scam sites), my guess is that users will dwindle down drastically by the end of 2004, even going as far as shutting down due to lack of profits.

eMule is hard to predict - It's still going strong, but I don't see it expanding or changing drastically. My guess is that eMule will carry on as currently until the end of the year, like the Mule it personifies

BitTorrent has had blows since it became popular, but is still good nonetheless. My opinion is that BitTorrent's future is based on the sites that hold BT links and their futures - If they go down, BT will go down. If they go strong and expand, so will BT.

Soulseek is great for music, but is limited by the capabilities of the servers (downtimes, etc). If they can sort the problems of the servers, SS could be the dark horse to become one of the key networks of the P2P philosophy. Of course, it's a case of if - The servers might not be fully fixed of all problems.

EarthStation 5 is also a difficult one to predict; it's had its knocks recently and its made a few mistakes, but it does what it says on the tin - It provides users with security. My honest guess is that its future is based on the public actions of the RIAA & similar organisations in this next year. As RIAA subpoena & sue more people, others may be herded into ES5. If the RIAA no longer become such a legal pain in the ass like before however, ES5 may lose the argument for its security advantage and may dwindle to nothing.

iTunes had a tremendous start, until the news of the profits of each song's tracks goes straight to the RIAA instead of a chunk (or all) going to Apple. As such, my guess is that iTunes won't keep the popularity up that it once had. Then again, with P2P getting more & more people in every day, I might be wrong and iTunes may become more popular.

Napster 2.0 won't have a chance of surviving this next year - Very few want to pay for tracks, and those who do are more likely to go for iTunes instead of this legally-whipped version.

Sharaza will survive - If Kazaa finishes this year, it's one network down out of the multiple Sharaza can use. My guess is that the only way that Sharaza can die is if the programmers do a random nut and say "f*** it"

SwapGate is a different thing - It's new, so it can't really be predicted as to what will happen to it. It could become a large program, forming the "life after death" to many K-Lite fans. But that isn't certain - Like a pin on its tip, it can go either way

They're my predictions - It'll be interesting to see which will come true in December

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    internet.news
    Originally posted by Illuminati@7 January 2004 - 13:06
    Seems like spam to me and what the f*** is GLT Poliane? But I'll answer my predictions to make a legit post

Kazaa has had its day - With Sharman's mismanagement of current matters in terms of helping their users (spyware, pop-up ads, introduction of DRM systems, legal action against K-Lite instead of other scam sites), my guess is that users will dwindle down drastically by the end of 2004, even going as far as shutting down due to lack of profits. 

eMule is hard to predict - It's still going strong, but I don't see it expanding or changing drastically.  My guess is that eMule will carry on as currently until the end of the year, like the Mule it personifies

BitTorrent has had blows since it became popular, but is still good nonetheless.  My opinion is that BitTorrent's future is based on the sites that hold BT links and their futures - If they go down, BT will go down.  If they go strong and expand, so will BT. 

Soulseek is great for music, but is limited by the capabilities of the servers (downtimes, etc).  If they can sort the problems of the servers, SS could be the dark horse to become one of the key networks of the P2P philosophy.  Of course, it's a case of if - The servers might not be fully fixed of all problems. 

EarthStation 5 is also a difficult one to predict; it's had its knocks recently and its made a few mistakes, but it does what it says on the tin - It provides users with security.  My honest guess is that its future is based on the public actions of the RIAA & similar organisations in this next year.  As RIAA subpoena & sue more people, others may be herded into ES5.  If the RIAA no longer become such a legal pain in the ass like before however, ES5 may lose the argument for its security advantage and may dwindle to nothing. 

iTunes had a tremendous start, until the news of the profits of each song's tracks goes straight to the RIAA instead of a chunk (or all) going to Apple.  As such, my guess is that iTunes won't keep the popularity up that it once had.  Then again, with P2P getting more & more people in every day, I might be wrong and iTunes may become more popular. 

Napster 2.0 won't have a chance of surviving this next year - Very few want to pay for tracks, and those who do are more likely to go for iTunes instead of this legally-whipped version. 

Sharaza will survive - If Kazaa finishes this year, it's one network down out of the multiple Sharaza can use.  My guess is that the only way that Sharaza can die is if the programmers do a random nut and say "f*** it"

SwapGate is a different thing - It's new, so it can't really be predicted as to what will happen to it.  It could become a large program, forming the "life after death" to many K-Lite fans.  But that isn't certain - Like a pin on its tip, it can go either way

They're my predictions - It'll be interesting to see which will come true in December
    GLT Politane is a similar program like Audiogalaxy - It works on a similar base, this means: it connects to a central server.

The RIAA would not take it down in the near future, because it is located in brasil. BUT: the central server is not as fast as Audiogalaxy. And there not so many users
    over there.

The idea is fine. If the Server would be fast enough and more Users would be there, it would be a nice place like AG (=Audiogalaxy).

Let me tell you something, Illuminati to SwapGate: It will never never replace
    K-Lite. Only if SwapGate would work similar to K-Lite, be smaller (like AG ~800KB)
    and connecting to Fasttrack Then it would be fine.

But K-Lite is not down like AG: The interesting thing is that the K-Lite tool is out and
    as it is not bad for sharing K-Lite Network (Fasttrack) is defined by its Users - so maybe sometimes some users won't be online as often as some months before, but they have the tool and they can use it

The AG Tool is useless now, cause you cannot longer connect to AG's Central Server

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast