Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: K-Lite v2.6

erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Originally posted by isamma+5 January 2004 - 15:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (isamma @ 5 January 2004 - 15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xor@5 January 2004 - 23:41
    Bugs:

Installed "Godlyk" with the install KMD option. (Question: I presume you have to have some KMD files otherwise the program won&#39;t work. Is that correct?)

Now I have two icons in my quick launch toolbar; 1 for "Godlyk" and 1 for "KMD"

When I double click on th "Godlyk" icon I get "Run time Error &#39;339&#39; Component &#39;MSWINSCK.OCX&#39; or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I did a search for this file on my computer and it does not exist. Why does this not get installed with the rest of the install?

When I double click on the "KMD" icon I get "Error Loading dll"

Rebooting doesn&#39;t change either error. (Operating system: XP Pro SP1)

I&#39;m going back to K++ 2.4.3 for now (I uninstalled it before I tried to install "Godlyk".)

BTW: What the %&#036;#@^&*&#39;s is up with this new name
    u can get your clean kazaa from the rc 7 of klchat by copying it and then uninstall the klchat build

after that you need to install the new rc8 withput installing kmd

after completing the installation copy the kazaa.exe to installation folder

and that is it

for the moment you need to get the new GKToolbar from my site B)

i hope that i&#39;v been helpful B) [/b][/quote]
    Umm, I dont get what your saying. Shouldnt all the files we need be in the installer? What extra files do we need to copy? And whats with the name? I dont get it. It is short for &#39;good luck&#39; or something? Im cunfused with this new build. For now, I&#39;ll stick with Kazaa #KLchat build RC 7.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by xor@5 January 2004 - 23:41
    Bugs:

Installed "Godlyk" with the install KMD option. (Question: I presume you have to have some KMD files otherwise the program won&#39;t work. Is that correct?)

When I double click on th "Godlyk" icon I get "Run time Error &#39;339&#39; Component &#39;MSWINSCK.OCX&#39; or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I did a search for this file on my computer and it does not exist. Why does this not get installed with the rest of the install?

When I double click on the "KMD" icon I get "Error Loading dll"

I&#39;m going back to K++ 2.4.3 for now (I uninstalled it before I tried to install "Godlyk".)

BTW: What the %&#036;#@^&*&#39;s is up with this new name
    Its not a bug, its your computer. You need to download the file &#39;MSWINSCK.OCX&#39;. Search the fourms for a program called &#39;vbcontrol&#39;, its something someone made that installs the files you need to run the program.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    heres just a question...
    Theres a bad-ip blocker build in right? We dont need Peer Guardian anymore correct?? Cause, Peer Guardian is been replaced by Bad-Ip-Updater so yeah, theres a bad-ip blocker in kazaa #KLChat/Godlyk right???

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by Bishtawiman@6 January 2004 - 02:27
    heres just a question...
    Theres a bad-ip blocker build in right? We dont need Peer Guardian anymore correct?? Cause, Peer Guardian is been replaced by Bad-Ip-Updater so yeah, theres a bad-ip blocker in kazaa #KLChat/Godlyk right???
    Yes.

* Added Option To Download And Install Kazaa Media Desktop And Instantly Remove Spyware, Adware and Anything Else Uneeded By GodlyK (Kazaa Media Desktop Is Copyright Of Sharman Networks)
    Because of this, does it make it so K-lite is legal to install?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Looking good, but for god&#39;s sake come up with a better name man hehe. And no I can&#39;t think of anything good off the top of my head, maybe just stick with kazaa lite 2.6 or something remotely close to that. keep up the good work lite&#33;&#33; :music1:

Visit www.bluetack.co.uk/pw.html for more information.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    QUOTE (xor @ 5 January 2004 - 23:41)
    Bugs:

When I double click on the "KMD" icon I get "Error Loading dll"&nbsp;

BTW: What the %&#036;#@^&*&#39;s is up with this new name&nbsp;

Its not a bug, its your computer. You need to download the file &#39;MSWINSCK.OCX&#39;. Search the fourms for a program called &#39;vbcontrol&#39;, its something someone made that installs the files you need to run the program.
    Thanks, that seems to fix it. IMHO this is still a bug though. If this file does not come with the operating system (Windows XP in my case) the install program should detect this and install as necessary.

Also, instead of the "dirty and cumbersome" way that you need to go about installing Kazaa.exe, I think it should be rebundled with godlyk as it was in early versions of klchat.

I&#39;ve also had the problem of the default (home) page URL in the program not opening. Is there a way to set this URL to something else?

All in all this is a great start, but there are still lots of things that need to be fixed before it goes beyond beta. :beerchug:

Then again that&#39;s easy for me to say since I&#39;m not doing any of the work, lol.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Yeah, I dont understand the name either. I guess it means &#39;good luck&#39; but I dont know. How about a new name of Kazaa Lite after the developer&#39;s name &#39;Lite&#39;?
    Or Kazaa Light, Kazaa Dark, Kazaa Reloaded, Kazaa Revolution, Kazaa SE, or KMD (Kazaa Massively Dangerous) ???

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    nsane's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Bishtawiman@5 January 2004 - 22:48
    Yeah, I dont understand the name either. I guess it means &#39;good luck&#39; but I dont know. How about a new name of Kazaa Lite after the developer&#39;s name &#39;Lite&#39;?
    Or Kazaa Light, Kazaa Dark, Kazaa Reloaded, Kazaa Revolution, Kazaa SE, or KMD (Kazaa Massively Dangerous)&nbsp; ???
    yeah i coulnt figure out the name either...is it pronounced &#39;God Like&#39; or &#39;Godly K&#39;?

and is it &#39;Kazaa GodlyK&#39;, &#39;K-Lite Godlyk&#39;, or just &#39;Godlyk&#39;?

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    I see that this thread should be renamed to "naming new KL&#39;, so, unless it is ILLEAL to use sub-strings from the previous name, I suggest:
    "KL#" (=="Kazaa Lite (#)Sharp")
    So, like the evolutoin of C->C++->C# we have KL->KL(K)++->KL# ...

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Ok, here is my minor... It has Kazaa Lite, Kazaa #KLChat Build RC 7, Kazaa Godlyk, Kazaa Resurected, Kazaa Media Desktop, and Kazaa Plus...

http://myimages.fourvalve.com/bishtawiman/

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast