View Poll Results: How annoying is the Americanism "Dawg" on a scale of 1 to 10?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (not annoying at all)

24 28.57%

1 1.19%

0 0%

1 1.19%

6 7.14%

1 1.19%

4 4.76%

4 4.76%

10 11.90%
  • 10 (supremely irritating)

33 39.29%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Americanism Which Annoys Me

Poster
    I'm gona say it's a little more irritating then calling a cigerette a fag.

So are shirts that say"I'm a bicth" and "I stole your boyfriend"

But it's funny to see a ugly girl wearing one lol

EDIT: Your dope
    "You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do."
    -Henry Ford

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by Abe@6 January 2004 - 03:50

EDIT: Your dope
    you have my dope? or i am dope, i which case it is you're dope.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by Spider_dude+5 January 2004 - 23:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spider_dude @ 5 January 2004 - 23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik@6 January 2004 - 03:41
    I looked up DAWG at Merriam-Webster&#39;s and it is not listed. What does it mean? I can&#39;t patricipate in this poll without knowing.

How annoying is the Americanism "Dawg" on a scale of 1 to 10?

I never heard of Americanism "Dawg".

Is this an American Negro word? It doesn&#39;t sound like an American Caucasian word from my experience.
    it is ebonic for dog as in how scottish people say man. hey man how are you today
    hey dawg whats up ma nigga? [/b][/quote]

Sounds like LAZY talk to me. I get the impression that they can&#39;t put an effort into saying the words correctly. I also can&#39;t help but think that whoever talks that way is mentally slow.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Originally posted by Spindulik+6 January 2004 - 03:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spindulik @ 6 January 2004 - 03:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Spider_dude@5 January 2004 - 23:46
    <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik
    @6 January 2004 - 03:41
    I looked up DAWG at Merriam-Webster&#39;s and it is not listed. What does it mean? I can&#39;t patricipate in this poll without knowing.

Is this an American Negro word? It doesn&#39;t sound like an American Caucasian word from my experience.

it is ebonic for dog as in how scottish people say man. hey man how are you today
    hey dawg whats up ma nigga?

Sounds like LAZY talk to me. I get the impression that they can&#39;t put an effort into saying the words correctly. I also can&#39;t help but think that whoever talks that way is mentally slow. [/b][/quote]
    i w o u l d have to congratulate you on this. i agree. dawg is so last century.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Originally posted by Spider_dude+6 January 2004 - 03:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spider_dude @ 6 January 2004 - 03:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Spindulik@6 January 2004 - 03:57
    <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik

Sounds like LAZY talk to me. I get the impression that they can&#39;t put an effort into saying the words correctly. I also can&#39;t help but think that whoever talks that way is mentally slow.
    i w o u l d have to congratulate you on this. i agree. dawg is so last century. [/b][/quote]
    0 for me, i don&#39;t use but here others and it doesn&#39;t bother me

spider dudette your digging yourself a hole that you won&#39;t be able to dig yourself out of

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Originally posted by gamemaster1342+6 January 2004 - 04:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gamemaster1342 @ 6 January 2004 - 04:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Spider_dude@6 January 2004 - 03:59
    <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik

spider dudette your digging yourself a hole that you won&#39;t be able to dig yourself out of [/b][/quote]
    i am scared. :

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Originally posted by gamemaster1342+6 January 2004 - 03:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gamemaster1342 @ 6 January 2004 - 03:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Spider_dude@6 January 2004 - 03:59
    <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik

spider dudette your digging yourself a hole that you won&#39;t be able to dig yourself out of [/b][/quote]
    here??

where??

who??

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Poster
    How does Scottish people tie in with Americanism Dawg?

Fat Bastard with a red afro?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    honestly, who the hell says "dawg" ?

you know what&#39;s more annoying, spider dude??????

this:

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

10. Lounge   -   #40
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    This is near the zenith of stupidity.

Dawg is an intentional mis-spelling of a phonetically correct pronunciation, so it doesn&#39;t even rise to the level of irritation.

If I hear someone call someone DAWG, I denigrate them anonymously and painlessly by hearing DOG, as per usual canine reference.

I mean, what if I hear someone say DOG-how are they to effectively communicate they meant DAWG?

I once named a dog PAUSE, because he had big feet.

Along the same stupid line, while making a phone call to someone I disliked, I asked if I was speaking to so-and-so, to which his answer was, "In the flesh&#33;".

I was compelled to remind him that I had no way of knowing for sure, the telephone being an audio medium, not a visual one.

He didn&#39;t catch my meaning.

He wasn&#39;t a smart guy, anyway.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast