Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Aren't These Video Clips Playing Correctly?

Poster
    hi everyone. i'm new here.

i've downloaded a couple of hendrix concert files, but after it downloads it says 'error downloading' at the bottom. the sound will play, but there's no picture.

i appreciate any help.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Have you got the latest Codec pack installed?

And what are you trying to watch them with?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    nope. should i download the full of basic vesion? i'm using windows media player, but it won't play if i click on the theater tab and try to watch from there or windows media player.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Download the full pack, then download Videolan from www videolan.org.

The theatre player is a bit buggy, with Videolan you`ll find you can play and preview most of youre video and mp3 files.

If you go into the TIPS forum, there is a post there by Musleman that shows how to install Videolan into the Tools drop down menu. Good luck.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    do i really need to download the codek pack? someone else has suggested that if i download videolan it should fix it.

and i suppose need to download videolan from videolan.org before i follow the steps that muscleman posted?

i'm having 1 other problem. when i try to open klite++2.6 it say that the setup has detected that clean kmd is still running even though i've disconnected and closed out of it. why?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Download the codec pack, that way you`ll be sure to have them, you will have to download Videolan first to install it!

Dunno about the other problem......sorry.

Edit- Are you sure you closed it? Have you clicked on the small icon in youre tray and clicked on exit?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by rf9rider@6 January 2004 - 06:37
    Are you sure you closed it? Have you clicked on the small icon in youre tray and clicked on exit?
    what small icon are you refering to? i went to file, clicked on diconnect. back to file, and clicked close. am i missing something?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Bottom of the screen, in the tool bar, you might see a small icon with the letter K in it, if you see it, click on it and click on exit.

If you dont see it, you should be disconnected.

What version are you using?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    thanks for your help

i'm using vesion 2.6, and i don't see any small icon with a k in it.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Old Fella
    Then you should uninstall the version you are not using otherwise may cause other problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast