Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Got A New/my First Pc

Poster
    i just recently got my first pc. i'm pretty new to them besides working on them a little bit in school. the first thing i did was download the new version of kazaa lite, and shortly after found this message board.

if anyone has any advice for me or anything of that nature, please let me know. although i'm not completely clueless when it comes to this stuff, i'm still pretty new to it all. any help is appreciated.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    You'll Need Some Other Good Programs...Try BitTorrent http://home.elp.rr.com/tur/BitTorrent-expe...-w32install.exe Use It To Download Other Cool Programs Music Games Movies Etc From This Site www.suprnova.org

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    if your new to this stuff take things slowly and if you dont know what/how to do something ask help here (just make sure you post it in the right place)

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    thanks guys.

is this the wrong area for this post? just let me know and i'll delete it and start another thread.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    You cant delete it and i guess it belongs here cos its not related to anything else apart from u gettin a new pc and being new. You can also try reading all the pinned topics in the other sections to help you

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    ah, i see your not able to delete posts here.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    if you want a post deleted PM a moderator and they will delete it for you

or i think they should

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by stupidguy@6 January 2004 - 01:38
    You'll Need Some Other Good Programs...Try BitTorrent http://home.elp.rr.com/tur/BitTorrent-expe...-w32install.exe Use It To Download Other Cool Programs Music Games Movies Etc From This Site www.suprnova.org
    i downloaded that file, a nd installed it but, the suprnova.org site is unavailable and supernova.org is some apache web server or something like that.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    uhh.. okay, first off, welcome to the wonderful world of computers.

And a word of warning - before you go nuts downloading lots of goodies with your funky new filesharing software...

Get a decent antivirus!!

There's a bunch of nasty viruses, trojans and worms out there, just waiting for an inexperienced user like yourself to download and run them. Dont become a victim.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    thanks for the advise. i have a free version of mcafee security center installed. do you think this is decent enough? any other suggestions?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast