Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *.exe File

Originally posted by 8tuk@7 January 2004 - 07:15
    thanks mavol.

i am able to change the file but still doesnt work. probably because its corrupted.
    sry to see that it didnt work out . try some stuff that i.am suggested.
    in the future try not to dl .exe files anymore as most of the time they don't work and if the person is sharing his full HDD you might have dl'd a file from the gamefolder installed on his HDD (though i think the err mess would be kinda diff); try going for bin/cue files instead (although it would take a lot longer to dl with a slow connection)

PS. you dont need to quote a post if your posting directly behind it..
    i took the screenshot off

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    bighawkh
    I had run into the same probelm running a large *.exe in XP awhile ago. I was able to run it under Win98. Another time, I had to rename the file to .zip extension and unzip it with Winzip since it was self unaip exe file. Now, I got the same problem again. The file is Symantec.Norton.SystemWorks.2004-Final.ios.exe It's not a zip file. I suspect it's a CD image, and I should rename it to ios extension and make a CD from it. Anyone had experienced with this ?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    WARNING

this could be a potential trojan

believe me i've got a few friends that are hackers and this would be the 60% of the excuses for the program not to do anything

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12