Thread: Anyone Help Please

Question about connection speed

anyone know why or how my internet speed has GREATLY decreased? i have SBC Yahoo! DSL, it used to average 150KB/s but now its around 60KB/S, thats more than half, its been like this for a week. any tips ?? PLease help thanks for your time

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    You might get more help if you post in the problems section

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    the file might be low on sources so 60kb is all your reciving because thats as fast of speed the peeps you downloading off allow you

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Adster are you stealing his bandwidth?

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    no not on a single file, im talking about the connection in general. i even ran a speed test to make sure, and the connection speed has dropped more than half.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by wellimgoingtohellplayingthepiano@6 January 2004 - 10:15
    Question about connection speed

anyone know why or how my internet speed has GREATLY decreased? i have SBC Yahoo! DSL, it used to average 150KB/s but now its around 60KB/S, thats more than half, its been like this for a week. any tips ?? PLease help thanks for your time
    Are you using any anonymous proxy software? Whats your regular connection speed (the speed your paying for)?
    Robert00000

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    in the agreement, it said it would be around 300KB but its always been 150 untill now

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    Speak to your ISP about it - the problem may not be on your end (although they may not want to admit that)

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by wellimgoingtohellplayingthepiano@7 January 2004 - 08:27
    in the agreement, it said it would be around 300KB but its always been 150 untill now
    Is the 300k the file data or total bandwidth?. Whatever the total bandwidth is you divide that by 8 to give you a rough figue of how much file data you can download.
    Robert00000