Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Virus's

Poster
    I think I'll go try this "Sophos" you speak of

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2+12 January 2004 - 01:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 12 January 2004 - 01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NightStalker@11 January 2004 - 21:02
    After making the switch to Windows XP Professional Edition, from Windows ME; I tried installing the Norton Anti-Virus suite, however, unknowingly I had an installed copy on my hard drive I tried installing it and I kept getting weird errors, I believe it happened from the upgrade. Now, I have no plans to reformat my computer because I have important data that I do not want to lose just to install a [system hog] Norton Anti-Virus. Instead, I looked for free alternatives to protect myself against the unknown. What I have found has pretty much protected me from day one. I have only had one virus as of yet, and that was a result from a Windows XP security hole.(Damn Microsoft&#33

I hold these programs in high regard as I belive they are the best freeware alternative.

Regards, NightStalker.
    word

thats what I use and have tried them all, my backup AV is sophos http://www.sophos.com [/b][/quote]
    slightly off-topic

@muchspl: How do you rate sygate to zonealaem as a fiirewall? I&#39;ve just uninstalled that Norton crap and put in sygate but would zonealarm be better?

cheers

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I found Zone Alarm to conflict with many of my programs, and I know how to configure them like the back of my hand. I now use Sygate Personal Firewall Pro and I&#39;ve never had a problem with it. Never.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    muchspl2
    zygate is spouse to be the best, but I just like zone alarm
    and if you can&#39;t configure ZA then how could you configure anything, its super simple
    you either allow it or not, doesn&#39;t get any easier

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234