Thread: I'm New Here

so sorry if this question sounds retarded

how do u determine if a movie is a fake or not?? I read something about a program gspot or whatever, but I am not sure where to download it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Very Large Member
    You can get it G-SPOT

And it does this:-
    Determines which video codec an AVI file uses
    Determines what audio encoding method the file uses
    Determines what codecs you have installed, and whether you have the one needed
    Up-to-date database of over 200 codecs, including the latest DivX 5 and XVID systems
    Shows reported audio bitrate and calculates video bitrate
    Reports if the file is truncated, and how many bytes are missing. Great for downloaders.
    Identifies MPG, MPEG, MOV, WMA, WMV, ASF or OGG/OGM if an unknown non-AVI file is examined.
    Shows RIFF INFO (title, etc) if present, including hidden ASCII in the "JUNK" field
    Easy to use ("File > Load" and you're done)
    Microscopic footprint - download size only 29KB
    Free for personal use

The best way to avoid fake files is to use the verified section of our forum.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    internet.news
    oh shit - there 200 codecs ? wow.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    internet.news
    Originally posted by jay973@7 January 2004 - 00:23
    You can get it G-SPOT

And it does this:-
    Determines which video codec an AVI file uses
    Determines what audio encoding method the file uses
    Determines what codecs you have installed, and whether you have the one needed
    Up-to-date database of over 200 codecs, including the latest DivX 5 and XVID systems
    Shows reported audio bitrate and calculates video bitrate
    Reports if the file is truncated, and how many bytes are missing. Great for downloaders.
    Identifies MPG, MPEG, MOV, WMA, WMV, ASF or OGG/OGM if an unknown non-AVI file is examined.
    Shows RIFF INFO (title, etc) if present, including hidden ASCII in the "JUNK" field
    Easy to use ("File > Load" and you're done)
    Microscopic footprint - download size only 29KB
    Free for personal use

The best way to avoid fake files is to use the verified section of our forum.
    yep, gspot is a really cool tool:

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I downloaded this file called "all Xvid and Dvix codecs"

I swear to god, this thing has every codec ever made (automatically made all my movies work&#33

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    If you do have a problem playing a file try VideoLan Its a great little freeware player that uses its own internal codecs to decompress video files. Next time you get a file you have problems with try it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    internet.news
    Originally posted by namzuf9@7 January 2004 - 21:37
    If you do have a problem playing a file try VideoLan Its a great little freeware player that uses its own internal codecs to decompress video files. Next time you get a file you have problems with try it.
    I will have to try this. How it is possible that Videolan can decompress each format.
    So I don't need install the codec for viewing a movie, just see it in Videolan.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Old Fella
    Your best to start by previewing as you download, using AVI preview or adding Videolan in as a tool for previewing with also. If you can't preview it then theres a good chance its a fake and save your time and bandwidth by cancelling your download.

See HERE how to add Videolan to preview with