Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Get Rid Of This Virus For Good?

Poster
    Win32.Skoob.B trojan

It keeps on coming back even tho I delete it...Any idea what to do??

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Poster
    Thanx man...I was already on that site...Doesnt say much about how to get rid of it...cause I dont have Norton internet security

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Download NOD32 from here is the most advanced antivirus scanner and remover.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Oh well......Good Luck

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    look further down the page - theres a whole load of removal instructions.

Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP).
    Update the virus definitions.
    Disconnect from the Internet.
    Unregister the browser helper object.
    Restart the computer in Safe mode or VGA mode.
    Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Downloader.MSCache.

For specific details on each of these steps, read the following instructions.

1. Disabling System Restore (Windows Me/XP)
    If you are running Windows Me or Windows XP, we recommend that you temporarily turn off System Restore. Windows Me/XP uses this feature, which is enabled by default, to restore the files on your computer in case they become damaged. If a virus, worm, or Trojan infects a computer, System Restore may back up the virus, worm, or Trojan on the computer.

Windows prevents outside programs, including antivirus programs, from modifying System Restore. Therefore, antivirus programs or tools cannot remove threats in the System Restore folder. As a result, System Restore has the potential of restoring an infected file on your computer, even after you have cleaned the infected files from all the other locations.

Also, a virus scan may detect a threat in the System Restore folder even though you have removed the threat.

For instructions on how to turn off System Restore, read your Windows documentation, or one of the following articles:
    "How to disable or enable Windows Me System Restore"
    "How to turn off or turn on Windows XP System Restore"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note: When you are completely finished with the removal procedure and are satisfied that the threat has been removed, re-enable System Restore by following the instructions in the aforementioned documents.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For additional information, and an alternative to disabling Windows Me System Restore, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article, "Antivirus Tools Cannot Clean Infected Files in the _Restore Folder," Article ID: Q263455.

3. Disconnecting from the Internet
    When the .dll file is unregistered, as suggested in step 4, it opens a Web site in a browser window. Depending on the content of the Web page, this could cause the computer to become re-infected. To prevent this, disconnect from the Internet before continuing.

4. Unregistering the browser helper object
    Before performing this step, you will need the full path and file name of the .dll, which is installed as a browser helper object. It may be found in the Windows directory with a name of the form <6-8 random lower-case characters>.dll, and should be 122880 or 131072 bytes in size. It has also reportedly been found in the Temporary Internet Files folder. If you are not sure of the file name, first run a full system scan (see step 6) and record the path and file names, but do not delete the infected files yet.

Perform the following steps for each .dll file, detected as Downloader.MSCache:

Click Start, and then click Run. (The Run dialog box appears.)

Type:

regsvr32 /u "<path to dll>"

For example:

regsvr32 /u "c:&#092;windows&#092;zyxwabcd.dll"

Click OK.

At this point, an Internet Explorer window may appear. Close the window.

Note: Symantec Security Response has received corrupted samples of the Downloader.MSCache dll. If you see an error message after attempting to unregister the dll, disregard it and proceed to step 5.

5. Restarting the computer in Safe mode or VGA mode

Shut down the computer and turn off the power. Wait for at least 30 seconds, and then restart the computer in Safe mode or VGA mode.
    For Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, or XP users, restart the computer in Safe mode. For instructions, read the document, "How to start the computer in Safe Mode."
    For Windows NT 4 users, restart the computer in VGA mode.

6. Scanning for and deleting the infected files

Start your Symantec antivirus program and make sure that it is configured to scan all the files.
    For Norton AntiVirus consumer products: Read the document, "How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files."
    For Symantec AntiVirus Enterprise products: Read the document, "How to verify that a Symantec Corporate antivirus product is set to scan all files."
    Run a full system scan.
    If any files are detected as Downloader.MSCache, click Delete.
    Ok, so i cut the bits out that you should know. Im sure you know how to update your virus definition files.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Poster
    Thanx for the scanner sharedholder ..It found two viruses even tho my antivirus program didnt find shit..
    I tried to follow those instructions Project but I dont know how to update virus definition and Im not sure if it can be done cause I have Etrust EZ armor

Just as Im typing this I got two different viruses...this time I have win32.skoob.C.trojan...It never stops...It says it is located in the c:WINDOWN&#092;Zbpmwa.dll..Folder
    and the other one in c:WINDOWS&#092;Belt.exe

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    muchspl2
    google housecall its free online scan and fast if you got broadband otherwise http://www.grisoft.com its what i use

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Poster
    yea...housecall is fast...but it didnt find any viruses while NOD32 did

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    Far - the virus definition updates for E armor are at http://www.my-etrust.com/products/subscrip...tName=Antivirus

Once you have that, just follow the instructions as best you can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast