Thread: Hmmmm

Poster
    bt download files in parts right? so it dont go first middle end, it can be any part in the file...so i was wondering if you're downloading a file w/ no seed, but a lot of peers....could someone from the peers download parts of the file from somebody and another part from somebody else, and finishes the download? then that guy could be the seeder....or is that not possible.

in case that didnt make sense....

file nba 2004 is being downloaded w/ no seed

there are 3 peers, a, b , c

peer a has the beginning
    peer b has the middle
    peer c has the end

so if i were to go and download the torrent and start downloading, i could still finish my download w/o any seed right?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    You don't need seeds to finish a file. Peers can have the right parts of the file you need and you may become a seed first.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Most Bt clients can display how much of the file is distributed among the peers it can see, so if 100% of the file is out there your client will display that

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --