Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winxp Corporate Setup

use Winrar or WinIso...either program extracts Iso files...once youve done that just open the folder youve extracted it too and run the setup...Make sure you choose the option to "upgrade" and not "fresh install" or it will want to delete your entire hard drive which is what we dont want as we are installing XP off the existing hard drive...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    I tried install it off the HD but same problem happened again! What can the problem be? I have Win98 right now...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Windows 98? Please, just do a clean install. :-P

Hmmm... if it were just the cd, I would have believed that the CD just didn't burn correctly or the CD was dirty, but it seems to be something else....

What is the error, exactly? Does it say what file can't copy? Did the Windows Upgrading menu pop-up?

Personally, back-up my data and boot from the CD and wipe the entire drive. That way, you can have an NTFS filesystem (better overall, including more secure), and start fresh (clean registry, and so on). There is a way to convert FAT 32 (most likely what you have if you're using 98) to NTFS, but why bother when you can just start over? I format my drive like twice a year or more (depending if I'm experimenting or not). Sometimes it's just better to start over.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@6 January 2004 - 22:24
    Have a look for a program called "CDmage"...its freeware and it checks Iso&#39;s for corruption as well as repairs them if it isnt too badly damaged..If you downloaded this(winXP) through kazaa then theres a high possibility that the iso is corrupt as kazaa only checks the hash calculation once which is pretty poor in this day and age...
    Actually, nothing can check iso&#39;s for corruption, since they have no checksums or any other way of determining if files are ok or not.

Monkster, I think it&#39;s possible that the file you downloaded from bittorrent could have been a similar (or even the exact same) corrupted iso. You can be certain that it&#39;s the same as the file the original uploader had, but that doesn&#39;t mean it worked for them - s/he could have gotten it from Kazaa just like you. I&#39;d recommend getting a .bin file in the future, and from a reliable network too.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    I downloaded the same file, and it won&#39;t complete the install due to files that can&#39;t be copied from the cd. It must be that the file is corrupt and you should just try to download again.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    i&#39;ve download a different torrent, and it comes up with the same errors again. It cannot copy "msf42", and "migosol", but i can&#39;t remember the extensions.

And this was a different file, a *.bin file, not an iso. Is the bin corrupt?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    y don&#39;t u just stick it in and restart? make sure u back up some stuff, and do a format and clean install on ur hdd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12