Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wtf

Poster
    Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@7 January 2004 - 03:35
    Which Spybot says when you install it, if you paid attention to the installation
    WOW, spybots kind of pointless then...lets remove spyware with spyware!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III@6 January 2004 - 19:35
    Which Spybot says when you install it, if you paid attention to the installation
    Duh I was being funny If you read the post Im running spybot

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Your not removing spyware with spyware, spybot has dummy spyware files.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    i run em both and no probs
    adaware just detects sh*t in spybots quarantine
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    You definately need to scan your comp for spyware. I would use either Ad-adware or Spy Sweeper. Ad-aware is free and pretty "on-the-ball" with the latest spyware threats. I find that Spy Sweeper has more spyware definitions most of the time, but I wouldn't use the trial version. I would only use the full version because the trial version are old versions that aren't capable of getting the ALL the latest definitions

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Use ad-aware with ad-watch and spybot with immunize and spy sweeper with it&#39;s spyware killer.

Spybot is detected with spyware because spybot quaratines the spyware so ad-aware will detect the spyware. (Quaratine= Moved to safe location and unable to cause harm). Spybot is not dangerous at all, just don&#39;t remove the spyware it quarintines and exclude the folder spybot quartines files into.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    ad-aware fuked my internet up i installed it and scaned my computer then deleted everything and then i turn off my computer and turned it on the next day and i waited 30 mins and still couldnt get my adapter 2 catch signal and the problem was that Ad-Aware deleted a registry key dat i needed 2 get signal

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    THIS SITE has some interesting downloads (for free) that might prevent that or at least improve your internet connection.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12