Thread: Non Sharers

dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Not sure if this is in the right section but here goes;

When I right click and try to "find from same user", 9 out of 10 comes back with nothing, is this cos their firewall is set too high or security is too high?

To me it looks as though they're not sharing but being a newbie thought I'd ask before cutting people off for the wrong reason.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Hello!

You can not tell if they are sharing!

Due to the antipiracy war going on between the sharers and the RIAA,MPAA etc most people have decided to block people from being able to view ones list of shared files or beeing able to send chat messages. It is not an indication that they are not sharing. Most of the times they really do share and do not cheat with throttled bandwidth. I have those options blocked and I share like 4000 files so you see it is not an indication they do not share!

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    internet.news
    Originally posted by Joakim Agren@7 January 2004 - 03:07
    Hello!

You can not tell if they are sharing!

Due to the antipiracy war going on between the sharers and the RIAA,MPAA etc most people have decided to block people from being able to view ones list of shared files or beeing able to send chat messages. It is not an indication that they are not sharing. Most of the times they really do share and do not cheat with throttled bandwidth. I have those options blocked and I share like 4000 files so you see it is not an indication they do not share!
    I cannot expect that someone share as ppl are just humans unfortunately, but I am happy if someone share his or her thoughts & files openly

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    non sharers

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by internet.news+7 January 2004 - 03:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news &#064; 7 January 2004 - 03:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Joakim Agren@7 January 2004 - 03:07
    Hello&#33;

You can not tell if they are sharing&#33;

Due to the antipiracy war going on between the sharers and the RIAA,MPAA etc most people have decided to block people from being able to view ones list of shared files or beeing able to send chat messages. It is not an indication that they are not sharing. Most of the times they really do share and do not cheat with throttled bandwidth. I have those options blocked and I share like 4000 files so you see it is not an indication they do not share&#33;
    I cannot expect that someone share as ppl are just humans unfortunately, but I am happy if someone share his or her thoughts & files openly [/b][/quote]
    Hello&#33;

Since the file was listed on Kazaa and a downlaod was initiated that is pretty much proof that he/she shares but if you are unable to make a connection then it might be a cheater that has throttled the bandwidth to 0. But most of the times that is not the case instead he/she is probably just to busy. Most Leechers do not list their files as available at all and instead uses the do not share option in Kazaa Lite. It is estimated that about 50% of Fast Track users is Leechers&#33;. But hey so is about 85-90% of Mirc users

Sincerely Joakim Agren&#33;

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@7 January 2004 - 03:10
    non sharers
    Hello&#33;

DruNKenStylE your pictures from:

http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/

Are not showing anymore something is wrong with the server&#33;

Maybe someone Drunk messed with someting

Sincerely Joakim Agren&#33;

7. File Sharing   -   #7