Thread: Uru, The Age Beyond Myst

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i have 6 min left. i dled it without knowing wat it is, only that the dl speed was pretty good (180kb/s) . now, will someone tell me wat it is? from gamespot, it looks like a 3rd person thingy. but they say there's no fighting or battles. wtf?? how is it? anyone played it?

2. Games   -   #2
    BANNED
    it's like myst 2, if you've ever played myst, it's like a 3d 3rd person game where you solve puzzles, mysteries and stuff

3. Games   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by bulio@6 January 2004 - 21:41
    it's like myst 2, if you've ever played myst, it's like a 3d 3rd person game where you solve puzzles, mysteries and stuff
    i c. no, i never played any of the myst series, so i dont know. sounds boring

4. Games   -   #4
    BANNED
    yeh, i think so, saw it at the store, looks dumb

5. Games   -   #5
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Uru, The Age Beyond Myst is actually more like Myst 4.

And yeah, most folks who just like shootin' and killin' games will probably find it a real bore.

# Experience a new freedom of movement, a first for the Myst franchise: Explore each unique age in real-time 3D, moving your character effortlessly through the world without pointing and clicking.

# Create a realistic character: Choosing from a wide variety of facial and clothing features, you will be able to create a male or female avatar that you will use to explore the world. The range of character options allows you to appear the way you look, or the way you want to look.

# Explore the mysterious and graphically intense world of Uru: Whether it's the single-player adventure or sharing the experience online with other players, Uru's work-of-art style graphics will immerse and captivate you like never before.

# Follow an epic storyline: At the request of Yeesha, the eccentric daughter of Atrus, you'll journey through a variety of different ages, and discover the lost civilization of the D'ni people. As the story unfolds, you'll be drawn deeper into the D'ni™ civilization, and if you choose to continue online, the journey expands even further.

# The adventure continues online: With Uru Live, the online service of Uru, you can explore new ages and areas of the D'ni civilization, unravel new mysteries, participate in the ongoing story, and adventure in a world that continually changes and expands. Exciting new content will be downloaded regularly, providing an adventure experience that is fresh and ever-changing.
    More info at the Uru website.

6. Games   -   #6
    muchspl2
    I got it and couldn't play it by mounting it, do you have to burn it

7. Games   -   #7
    Chame1eon's Avatar Super Freak
    I'm playing riven(myst2) with alcohol 120
    I only licked you for the salt

8. Games   -   #8
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Apparently it was released only partially done - the online bit isn't available yet, but will be in the future.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. Games   -   #9
    I like to turn off all the lights and play myst, myst III and uru, some of the parts gets pretty spooky,..

Myst III exile scared the shit out of me at the beginning of the game I had my lights off (at night) and the sound almost all the way up, this dude comes into the picture when you click a certain book, I was like DAMN! You couldn't have pounded bb's up my ass with a sledge hammer, I was so scared

Good games IMHO

Peace