Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shareaza

compared to kazza sharaza seems to b a lot slower when downloading.

can people give me there satus so i know ehere i stand

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    aserty's Avatar Poster
    Yes, Shareaza is slower then K-lite, but that's mainly due to a lack of users. Also in Shareaza PL matters, so try sharing a little extra bandwidth and you may find yourself getting waht you want quite a bit faster.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by aserty@7 January 2004 - 05:20
    Also in Shareaza PL matters,
    As far as i know it dont have a credit system, and it doesnt support emules either?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    aserty's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by junkyardking+8 January 2004 - 06:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking @ 8 January 2004 - 06:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-aserty@7 January 2004 - 05:20
    Also in Shareaza PL matters,
    As far as i know it dont have a credit system, and it doesnt support emules either? [/b][/quote]
    Shareaza has features that are unheard of in other file-sharing applications, from ghost ratings...
    And it does support ED2K.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Well, Shareaza&#39;s networks dont have as many fakes as kazaa&#39;s fast tracks.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by [Crucial] Lee@8 January 2004 - 16:55
    Well, Shareaza&#39;s networks dont have as many fakes as kazaa&#39;s fast tracks.
    that wouldn&#39;t be the hardest task in the world to accomplish...

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    From what I understand from the Shareaza FAQ, the eD2k network&#39;s PL works only on a client to client basis.

What that means is that you will move up quickly through the queue of another client that you have already uploaded files to.

However, this PL is not global, by any means. Just because you&#39;ve uploaded say 100MB to one client, it doesnt mean a thing to any other client on the network that you haven&#39;t shared with yet.

Thats why staying connected to eD2k network for a very long time is a good idea.
    The longer you share on the network, the more clients get to download from you, and the faster you will move through those stupendously long queues.

Oh, and as far as I&#39;m aware, this (rather unfair imho) PL is supported by Shareaza.
    You just have to be incredibly patient and stay connected long enough to see the payoff.

Hope that made sense.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+8 January 2004 - 17:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 8 January 2004 - 17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-&#091;Crucial
    Lee,8 January 2004 - 16:55] Well, Shareaza&#39;s networks dont have as many fakes as kazaa&#39;s fast tracks.&nbsp;
    that wouldn&#39;t be the hardest task in the world to accomplish...

[/b][/quote]
    well said

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    [i]Originally posted by uNz@8 January 2004 - 18:05
    From what I understand from the Shareaza FAQ, the eD2k network&#39;s PL works only on a client to client basis.

What that means is that you will move up quickly through the queue of another client that you have already uploaded files to.

However, this PL is not global, by any means. Just because you&#39;ve uploaded say 100MB to one client, it doesnt mean a thing to any other client on the network that you haven&#39;t shared with yet.

Thats why staying connected to eD2k network for a very long time is a good idea.
    The longer you share on the network, the more clients get to download from you, and the faster you will move through those stupendously long queues.

Oh, and as far as I&#39;m aware, this (rather unfair imho) PL is supported by Shareaza.
    You just have to be incredibly patient and stay connected long enough to see the payoff.

Hope that made sense.
    it all makes sence bit i think theve took it a bit too far.

what happened to just sharing.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    I agree, they took it way too far.

The idea of it was to encourage folks to share as much as possible and get rid of the leachers. But in the real world, all it did was create massive queues.

I think that if it was a global PL, things would better by a long shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast