Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtf..... Why Is It Still A .dat

ok I have a dat file in My shared folder that should be a movie. in the traffic tad it said status complete but it is still a .dat how do I change it. meaning so when I click on it the windows dialog box can not open this file pops up.

help plzzzzzzzzz

:helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    change the name to .
    it won't fix the file, but at least it will have a cool name.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Originally posted by Sparsely@6 January 2004 - 22:32
    change the name to .
    it won't fix the file, but at least it will have a cool name.
    lol, hahaha . try renaming the extension to what it should be (exe, avi, mpg, mp3, etc.). could work not sure.

truedat, now that's funny!

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    sometimes when you dl a file it takes awile for it to turn into te complete file but i had that problem so evertime i had that problem i just play the movie with videolan so it can recognizes that it is a file thats if its a movie file

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    close kazaa & restart. if its still a dat, close kazaa again & restart. if its still a dat, then i dunno.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Old Fella
    Yes, sometimes can take a while for it to change. Like NPerez says exit from KL and restart, or you can try reboot, or you can rename file with correct extension.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Thx for the advice i will give it a shot and get back to you

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    ok some one mentioned renaming the extention to avi , mpg so forth. how would i go about doing that?

I know it souonds like a dumb question but I would like to try that
    :helpsmile:

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Hey ! I had a similar probs. The movie file that I had downloaded just disappeared. I retrieved the file using Norton Antivirus' UnErase Wizard( It had been deleted).
    The file that I retrieved was an incomplete dl. So I tried to copy the file onto My Shared Folder so that the dl can be completed. But somthing goes wrong and the file is not accepted by Kazaa and gets deleted again!!
    It took me close to a week to dl the godamn movie! Don't want to start all over again.
    I also tried renaming it to .avi. But the file is corrupt. Also, I tried to fix it using DVDFIX.EXE. The latter half then is corrupted.
    I also tried using Kazaa Corruption Fixer as per advice of some kinda Kazaa Genius, but couldn't even get started on it 'coz it keeps asking for these things-
    - a completed file.
    - an incomplete file for reference.
    - range?????
    what the heck do these things mean?? (esp - 'range' ??).
    Please ADVISE!!!!! :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Hey ! I had a similar probs. The movie file that I had downloaded just disappeared. I retrieved the file using Norton Antivirus' UnErase Wizard( It had been deleted).
    The file that I retrieved was an incomplete dl. So I tried to copy the file onto My Shared Folder so that the dl can be completed. But somthing goes wrong and the file is not accepted by Kazaa and gets deleted again!!
    It took me close to a week to dl the godamn movie! Don't want to start all over again.
    I also tried renaming it to .avi. But the file is corrupt. Also, I tried to fix it using DVDFIX.EXE. The latter half then is corrupted.
    I also tried using Kazaa Corruption Fixer as per advice of some kinda Kazaa Genius, but couldn't even get started on it 'coz it keeps asking for these things-
    - a completed file.
    - an incomplete file for reference.
    - range?????
    what the heck do these things mean?? (esp - 'range' ??).
    Please ADVISE!!!!! :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast