Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ocr Ripping Team Request Thread

Arm's Avatar Poster
    Does it have shit-like quality or is it decent?

2. Music   -   #42
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by Arm@9 January 2004 - 10:24
    Does it have shit-like quality or is it decent?
    well its in 192 bit but sounds to me more like an advance

Ill be getting the retail in the 12th (off brother in law) will rip it to my PC then the retail version that is only 3 days till then so you might as well wait till retail

I prefer 192 but if you want it in VBR lemme know

3. Music   -   #43
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I may have missed it but where are you distributing these rips?
    If its SS I need 2 things, the room name and where I can download win98 cos running XP I cant run slsk for more than a few hours without my u/l and d/l speeds turning to shit and slsk sucking my memory away until I cant do shit on my comp

4. Music   -   #44
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    This may or may not help but worth a try

right click the ss exe file

choose Properties

tick the box "run this program in comparability mode"

and choose windows 98

5. Music   -   #45
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Adster@9 January 2004 - 01:44
    This may or may not help but worth a try

right click the ss exe file

choose Properties

tick the box "run this program in comparability mode"

and choose windows 98
    Yeah I've tried that. I even went as far as underclocking my system (running it at a lower cpu and ram speed) I'm gonna install windows 98 on a separate partiion and move all my mp3s to FAT32 I'm hoping for this weekend so I'll see you then (I can run 24/7 )
    Anyways what can OCR rip for us, prereleases, promos, indy bands? Let us know us I'm loving the unsigned metal/rock/punk/goth bands.

6. Music   -   #46
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    namzuf9 - here is an answer for you:

Basically, OCR is an internal ripping group, which means we release outside of the regular mp3 scene. We do this purely for the public, so you can hear that hard-to-find album or that release you could never find the scene rip of. These are the actual retails of albums at proper quality standards so you can decide whether you really want to buy them or not; all without asking for anything in return.

Hope that makes things clear.

CC

7. Music   -   #47
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Yeah man crystal.
    I'm thinking though it might be better for OCR to post what they can realease rather than requests.
    We could post the most newest or most obsure shit for ripping and not see it.
    So maybe I'm thinking a this is what OCR got for you rather than requests.
    Even if we're not talking exact bands maybe just genre, get us into some new shit we aint heard before, you know?

8. Music   -   #48
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    ok everyone dont forget this is still in the process of being completed

our final guide is still not out so not all the rippers know exactly how to do everything we are coming very close and all the rippers are having to send stuff to Jibbler who then sends it back and it has been a slow process as he is busy and i am the only one with decent upload speeds.

We currently are making a database for all of our rips. Which will becoming shortly and the public will be able to access this. Also we are in the works of something maybe a FTP Server more details will be coming soon. But I just ask patience from everyone cause we are trying to do a good thing. It is very time consuming for us. But we are up to the challenge.

Remember we do not have all these cds that are being requested and until everything is complete and we have more rippers and everything this could be even more diffuclt.

Thanks

Jayhawk

9. Music   -   #49
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Things are moving along nicely... though slow, sorry....

anyway.. once the guide is finished, this project should run itself.. sounds like you guys are requesting some real rarities, sure hope someone can eventually fill em for ya.. in the meantime, lots of good shit is being ripped so stay tuned... i see we have some rap fans in our little posse, some 80s rockers (myself), and lots more. Good things are on the way.

One final thought, those with the rip kit, please don't share anything publically that hasn't been officially released.. at least, not with the OCR tag.
    Proud member of MDS

10. Music   -   #50
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    i havent been jibbler except with other rippers mainly Spider just to make sure my rips sound alright

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast