Thread: Dvd Burning

Hi there all.
    I've been trying to burning DVD's, but i'am having trouble. Because when i use a peice of software called dvd decrypter, it's making the VOB files a lot bigger so u can't put them back on to a dvd.

Any idears in what i can do to copy the dvd as they are originals, so DVD decrpyter sorts the software protection problem, but gives me a size problem when putting it back on to a dvd-r, cauase they are to big

Cheers

MAX

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Courtesy of the text file included with a DVD Ripping Kit from SuprNova:

This process can take up about 8 to 13 gig in hardrive space so make enough room first and you will need Nero 6 to burn the final copy.

This Ripping process will copy the Main Movie, Menu Screen and any extras on the DVD with hardly any loss of quality in 10 easy steps

First install both programs (these are free programs and wont need cracked)

Step 1

Create 2 folders on your hardrive called "Original DVD" and "New DVD" then put the DVD you want to copy in your DVD drive and start up DVDDecrypter.

Step 2

Go to mode and change it to file.

Step 3

There should be alot of files called VTS_01_0.VOB, VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB..... etc with about 5 or 6 files higlighted these are the main movie files but we want the menu, extras and enything else on the DVD as well so higlight all the files.

Step 4

Select the destination you want to copy the files to witch will be the "Original DVD" folder you created on your hardrive then click the picture of the DVD and hardrive to start ripping it.

Its normal for this to take a while

Step 5

When its done close DVDDecrypter and open DVD Shrink.

Step 6

Go to open files and select VIDEO_TS.IFO file in the "Original DVD" folder and open it (you can take the proper DVD out of your DVD drive now). A new window should open wich will be analysing all the files you have just copyed off the original DVD

Step 7

When that is done you should see the setup of your DVD in the DVD structure part witch should have a Menus, Main Movie and Extras (if any) Folders to check them just click the folder and a preview of it should start at the bottom.

Step 8

If all is well just click on the backup! button and select your target folder "New DVD" and Ok that and let it go. this program will copy the original DVD files and compress them to 4.464 gig or less and save them to your hardrive.

This can take up to 2 hours depending on the size of the original DVD

Step 9

When that is done close DVD shrink and open Nero. Select make dvd video, when it is loaded up open the Video_TS folder and go to add. Find your "New DVD" folder and highlight all the files in it then click add again, when it has added them click finish then go to next at the bottom right coner.

Step 10

Now all you have to do is Click burn! If all is well then it should start to burn a perfect copy.
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by Maximus359@7 January 2004 - 21:20
    Hi there all.
    I've been trying to burning DVD's, but i'am having trouble. Because when i use a peice of software called dvd decrypter, it's making the VOB files a lot bigger so u can't put them back on to a dvd.

Any idears in what i can do to copy the dvd as they are originals, so DVD decrpyter sorts the software protection problem, but gives me a size problem when putting it back on to a dvd-r, cauase they are to big

Cheers

MAX
    did you check if the original dvd ain't a double layered cause then there's like 8 gigs on the original disk, and as you probably know the writeble disc can only contain 4,x gigs

there for use a program like clone dvd from elby.
    it offers you a chance to say what stuff from the original dvd like to copy and what not. Then it starts compressing the stuff what you like to have. A double layered DVD can't be copied 1 on 1 on the current dvd players. You just have two wait a few months, then we will be able to buy double layer burners

More info on burning The best information on dvd clone can be found at these sites

Last remark, in some countries the use of sodtware like Elby clone dvd is illegal!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    I'll put it all simply. After you have ripped with dvd decryptor you will need to use something like DVD2ONE to make it small enough to fit on a single DVD-R disk.

So, there you go

make sure you put the files in a folder called VIDEO_TS and burn this folder on to the dvd-r disk, otherwise you wont be able to play it on a dvd player.
    Robert00000

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Cheers Guy's & Girl's

I think the 10 step guide was the easiest one to follow than you just do this.

If it isn't been posted as a sticky/ offical help file i think that should be.