Thread: Second Hard Drive

after recently installing a second harddrive (120 gigs) the downloads of kazaa only go up to 32 gigs the the hard drive stops storing data although kazaa keeps downloading this data cannot be found anywhere on the computer using all searches available..
    how do i get the 120 gig hard drive to store 120 gigs not 32 im using windows millenium is that the problem as i can install xp? please help...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Old Fella
    Can you also tell us what version of KL you are running

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    try reinstalling your OS but im sure there is still an easier way.
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    im running my kazaa lite++

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Originally posted by jinksy@8 January 2004 - 13:50
    im running my kazaa lite++
    what version of kazaa lite k++?!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    2.4.3 KAZAA LITE

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    does windows see it as a 32gb hard drive or a 120gb hard drive

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    IT READS AS 120

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Win 9x/ME needs a patch to overcome the original limitation in FDISK which cannot work properly with hdds over about 64 GB.

After getting the patch and re-FDISK-ing the drive, then reformatting it... it should be fine.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by jinksy@9 January 2004 - 01:05
    after recently installing a second harddrive (120 gigs) the downloads of kazaa only go up to 32 gigs the the hard drive stops storing data although kazaa keeps downloading this data cannot be found anywhere on the computer using all searches available..
    how do i get the 120 gig hard drive to store 120 gigs not 32 im using windows millenium is that the problem as i can install xp? please help...
    If you do change to WinXP and want to stick with Fat32 file sysytem rather than NTFS, youll need to trick XP like so for hard drives larger than 32GB:

1 get a Win98 boot disk
    2 boot from boot disk and run Fdisk
    3 partition the drive to what size you want up to 120GB
    4 reboot the computer off of the Win98 boot disk
    5 format the drive
    6 boot the computer off of the WinXP CD
    7 proceed to install the WinXP.
    8 When WinXP ask you what partition to install to choose the disk you just formated it will give you an several option dealing with NTFS don't pay them any mind and choose the last option which is to install WinXP to current drive without making any changes. WinXp will proceed to install normally and you will have WinXP installed to a fully functional FAT32 Partition greater then 32GB. WinXP can use larger then 32GB partitions M$ intentionally limited the Fdisk portion WinXP to push people to the Realm of NTFS.